First fish of the season (4-5-09)!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
I know, early April and I'm just fishing now? :D Relatively cool water on the "hot" side of Anna with temps about 65F at mid lake. Only got a couple of hours in on the afternoon with Carter, but we managed a few! Tried the new GULP baits that come in the bucket of "juice." Had several catfish before the bass started striking. Had a couple of nice ones on the smaller side. Not too bad for a short afternoon trip.

0405091525.jpg

0405091525c.jpg

Very nice -- :):D:). I would kill for 60 degree water out here. We're still hovering @ 50 at the surface.

Great pictures Jim, love it when the kids get into it!!

Marty- we were close to 60 this Sun, but have a cold front that will push ours back again into the low 50s.

Trep

Great Pics. The young man will remember these days fondly. We fished in 52 degree chocolate milk water on Sat. Finally found a small fishable cove around 10:30 and picked a few up. Will be on fire in 2 weeks.

Thanks guys! Should have added that it was also the first voyage of the season for the G3 - with the new (used) 71 lb trolling motor. How I got along with that 52 lb stock job, I'll never know! Anyone in the market for a used Motorguide 52 lb thrust 12v motor? :D Glad to report that the boat ran flawlessly and that Carter loved going fast. Nothing better than hearing your 7 year old boy yell "LET 'ER RIP, DAD!"

Awesome to get them fishing young. Glad you got out on the water!

Latest posts

Back