First day out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well it got up to 80 yesterday and I just couldn't resist. The ice has been off the total lake for about 3 days. I put in at my favorite place and everything was working great. Jigged my favorite tree and shoreline and in 2 hours boated over 25 fish.

Biggest was a 6+ lber, with 2 - 5lber, 2 - 4lbers and a bunch of 2-3 lbers. It was awesome. Man, 5 best fish went about 25 lbs. WHERE is that stringer in Septemeber when I REALLY need it for the Everstart???? LOL It's so easy this time of year, drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I wish I could pull that off once I'm in a tourney.

There were also two young boys, 8th and 9th grade fishing at the ramp with their mom. I asked if they had caught any when launching and they said "No!" kind of glumly. So after I pulled out 3 fish in 5 casts and one of them was one of the 5 lbers, they came running over to ask how I did it. I gave them each about 4 or 5 jigs with chunks and then their mom let them come out for a few minutes to learn how to use them. One boy caught 2 fish and the other caught one, but they were the only fish they caught that day and were nice fish too. I hope I rekindled the spark for fishing for them and they become anglers for life. I love being able to do that.

Must be the tree next to the launch?

Know how you feel. Took my boat out last Saturday, only caught one but it was a 5 lbr.

Altra-light pole and 4 lb test line and 3" tripple ripple grub.

Had my 5 yr old nephew with me that day.

Rob

Maybe that will keep them away from the video games. Great thing to do,

fatrap

How bout sending me some of those jigs and showing me how to use them too :cool:

You did a great thing today Rob!

Thattaway Rob!! You're a good man to help those kids. That's what it's all about!! Keep it up!

Good deal on taking the kids out! They'll probably never forget that day :cool:

Latest posts

Back