fighting for morals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty C.

Reaction score
On the way home yesterday, my 5 year old son and I stopped at McDonalds. On the way in, I noticed a lady was coming in behind us. I held the door for her and grabbed my son with my other hand and said something to my son like "Let's hold this door for this lady." The lady smiled and as she started to go through the door two punk guys rushed in past her causing her to fall. Neither of them stopped to help her up, say excuse me, NOTHING!:angry:

After helping the lady up and seeing that she is okay, I grabbed my son and went to confront the two guys. Both of them had died their hair black and purple stripes, had white makeup with black eyeliner, pants half way down their backsides. They appeared to be at least 20 years old. At this point, a little of my father came out of me and I told those two punks what they did was wrong and at the least they should go appologize to the lady. They looked at each other and laughed, then one of them asked me what I was going to do about it. I put my son down and grabbed the one who spoke by the throat and jacked him up the wall. I began to raise my voice and use a few foul words that I normally wouldn't use in front of women or children. The other guy started to jump around and began to yell that he was going to kill me.

About that time a police officer, who was on break came inside and broke things up. There were two witnesses who saw everything, including knocking the lady down at the door. The officer scolded the two punks and had them leave the location. What sucks is that he brought me to the side and scolded me. He said that technically I broke the law.:wacko: He said even though my intentions were right, the punk could have had me arrested for assault. He said I was wrong in the eyes of the law for putting my hands on him.:angry:

What has the world come to?:angry: What would you have done?

With my kids with me, I would have helped the lady up and did nothing.

It isn't worth the chance of having something bad happen to one of my kids because some nut decided to pull a gun or knife.

If the kids weren't there, I would probably have bulldogged them from behind in the middle of McDonalds.;)

Rusty, you did just what I would have done and if that meant jail for me, so be it. This whole world can get goofy around me but I'm not going to change. Right is right, and if "in the eyes of the law" makes it wrong things have to be changed back to what makes sense.

We had two eight year old boys handcuffed and taken away for getting into a fight in the school yard. Thay should give them a good picture of the police for a long time to come.

Uncle Billy

I am sorry if I offend anyone but, I with Rusty on this one. I have been there and the kids today have no respect. I am may have been raised in Los Angeles in the 1960

Being a youth in todays world, we do get that sterio-type of having no morals or common curtesy, however, it is all in the way you are raised as a child. My parents were raised to have the utmost respect for others and they raised me the same way as will I raise my kids the same way.

Now, with that out of the way, If I was in Rusty's shoes at the time, I uhh...well...would have...to put this mildly would have smacked him around a lil bit. Now I have a short temper string when it comes to respect...or lack there of and that probobly would have got the better of me at the time, but I would have felt better atleast...LOL.

Travis

Travis, That short temper string will mellow with age. When you have to grab your 5 yr old son (to protect him) before you educate some moron you will have second thoughts. It's not about you or your saftey or them and the just beatings. It's about the protection of that 5 yr old child.

BF

P.S. Me I have no children and would have beat the make up off their face............

I'm with Uncle Billy on this one...

"I'm not as good as I once was.... But, I AM as good once as I ever was..." may have been written about me...

It is why it is probabaly best that I am long retired... But had I been the police officer at the scene... I would have bought your dinner and taken the little "bastages" in for battery to the lady... Might not have made it stick at trial but bail and a lesson are sometimes all I had in my "arsenal"... But, you can bet that the two "masquerade ball runaways" would have made it to my... "oh yeah... you shouldn't have done that in front of me list...not while I can write you a ticket for it"

I totally agee with Uncle Billy. How can we have someone killed, and find out the person who did the killing had a 3 page rap sheet. I don't care what anyone says, back in the day when you had laws enforced, these things didn't happen. These people know nothing about respect, and were never taught. Rusty, you did the right thing, I admire you for getting involved, to many turn their heads.

Bubby:)

I couldn't believe that this whole thing started with me trying to show my 5 year old son that you should hold doors for ladies.

I bet you every dime I have that the parents of these punks don't give rip how they dress and how they act. I understand that Halloween is just around the corner, but it disturbs me on how there can be so many kids that run around looking like goblins on a daily basis. If you want to be taken seriously in this world, you can't go around looking and acting like a freak. These are the same type of individuals who are involved in school shootings.

Many of these kids do not respect the law, other people, much less themselves. The two I had a run it with were mouthing off at the police officer, not listening, looking around, giggling to one another, just being real pieces of ****!

Some people may have the philosophy of "Let everyone express themselves," but not me. I am old fashioned Andy Griffith Show as you can get and I don't appologize for it. Too many people let too many things go. It seems like there are way too many people who see things like this incident and think, "These two boys weren't given enough hugs and kisses when they were little." Then, just let them get away with everything.

I think parts of this country song was written for me: "You got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. You got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string. Never compromise what's right and uphold your family name. You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

Some things are worth fighting for.

Amen Tox!

Shoulda' just waited when the timing is right.:angry:

And Rusty...TEE and his gang will back ya' anytime my brutha';)

I get a kick outta' straightening out some of these DISRESPECTFUL PUNKS that are out there!

Should see the crew that I have living two doors down from me. These are some real winners that are just plain stupid. I told them here the other day that I'm not messin' with them anymore because my bro in the law (cop) knows ALL about them:lol:

Good on ya! You did the right thing [less putting your son at risk], but what is more important is that the police officer did the right thing. Apparently, the witnesses stood up for you which was also the right thing.

Guys these arnt kids. They are at least 20 years old and playing with make up. Not sure if it was the thing to do but the cop had to say somthing to cover his butt. Personaly Im all for eye for an eye etc but when you got your 5 year old there it will leave a bad impression on him all the way around.

Seen my old man drop a guy when I was that age and thats one of the memories that stick out.

Guys I agree with Rusty. Many times I have, in no short terms, told some punks to quit using foul language. I have also had some of them ask me what I was going to do about it. I have only had to stand up and them see that I am 6'0" and 230 and love to lift weights. They are always shocked when I do this and of course I do not smile. Have not had to lay a hand on anyone yet, but would if I have to. I always finish it up with finding someone of authority and if possible informing their parents if I can find them. Most of the time that will cause them to load their pants. When I see them later they are always respectful and even say Hi. Hope they do it more than only when I an around.

Randy!:angry:

Brad, Im not saying he shouldnt stand up for whats right but he should think it out. No son there to protect, do what must be done. Got a 5 year old, what if and in this day and age he was lucky it didnt, they pulled out a knife or gun or if they did beat the crap out of him. You dont know what degenerates will do. He put his son in harms way bottom line. Another senario, he has one guy against the wall. Do you think he is even aware that his boy could of run out the door into traffic or be snatched? How about the other kid grabbing his son to get back at him. Like I said, standing up someone is a admiral thing theres not a lot of it around.

I've never been one for violence but, my daddy taught me long ago to show "RESPECT" and that's what it's all about really.

It urks me to no end when I see it happen....and yes, I've been told my balls are bigger than my brain but, feel my heart is even bigger;)

I have to agree with Rusty on this one. A great lesson was learned by many here. Your son learned u must stand up for the helpless and the punks learned some people WILL stand up for the helpless. They may think twice before doing something like that again. Rsuty...the next time a punk asks u what u are going to do about it....tell him u have no problem going back to prison:D.

RW

I'm with you Rusty....I would've given them a little RED to go with their B&W makeup!!

My brother did the exact same thing to a freak in New Orleans who almost knocked his wife over when they we walking down Bourbon st. He walked into HER then proceeded to call her all kinds of names and told her to GTF out of his way!!......BAD MOOOOVE!! My Bro had just gotten home from Desert Storm 2 weeks earlier.......he was still wired to the max. He immediately went into "the Zone" and grabbed the dude by the throat and lifted him completely off the ground and pushed him into a wall and held him there by his freakin' adams apple!!.:wacko: He said something to the freak and then let him drop to the ground!!

He just laid there holding his throat....my wife and his wife looked at eachother and said,.."HOLY @#$~~"....He was damn lucky my brother didn't rip his throat out ' cuz 2 weeks earlier he was getting shot at in Iraq and he was in a rather foul mood!!

Anyway,...we just kept on walking and who knows whatever happened to the freak but he was sippin soup for awhile after that!! I bet he thought twice about being an a-hole whenever he bumped into someone again!!

I agree w/Tox too........make sure there's no cops around next time and kick the crap outa the losers!!:angry:

Mac

Latest posts

Back