Federation Decision

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, read the stuff on Bassfan about the decision by most of the State Federation presidents regarding moving to the new FLW Sponsored Federation organization.

The SC Federation will remain BASS affiliated this year, but will likely move to the FLW organization in 2007. We've got by-laws/constitution that have specific BASS language in it that can't be modified until later this year.

It certainly seems that both BASS and FLW came in with new ideas and decent proposals. I really think that politics got way to 'thick' between BASS and the TBF. In many cases, that's hard to get over.

Interesting to note that BASS will still move forward with their new Federation Nation. What will be interesting to watch, is if there are any individual clubs (and/or members) that opt to stay with BASS, even though their current State Federation Organization has decided to move to FLW. Not sure how all that is going to work out.

I personally liked some of the things that BASS had on the table. I also like some of the things that FLW has on the table.

Things change, and people adjust.

Tex

I am in VA and they voted to go TBF. My club is up in the air as to which direction they are going to follow. My biggest concern with BASS is the organization at the state level. With our state leadership voting to go TBF it would seem that our biggest state tournaments would fall under their umbrella. How is BASS going to organize state events and get leadership in place for this season.

HP

I have some of the same questions. My guess is that BASS will set about to get 'new' state organizations put into place.

This is also one of the things that bothers me about the FLW deal. No organization in place or experience in running/dealing with a 'federation like' organization. Seems like they have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Hopefully, they can perform.

Our club meeting is on Tuesday, so it will be interesting to see/hear what people think/want. For the most part, this all means little to nothing to our club in our day to day operations. We'll be doing a Casting Kids competition this year with BASS.

Tex