extreme rod sale?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Taylor2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the buy 2 get 1 free extreme rod sale is offered in the retail stores or just the catalog?

It is suppost to be that way at the store and the catalog as far as I know. Great Rod!

Have a few Extremes,( and love 'em!) but haven't as yet been able to try the buy 2 get 1 free bit, gotta bring more $$$ next time I guess, hehe...... stopped in at BPS this past weekend, and they were closing out the 2002 Rick Clunn sig. rods, regular $79 or something, going for $34..... guess who left BPS with a big ol' grin ... hehe

Mike,......don't buy anymore until the Classic! I'll do the handles for ya!!...then you'll REALLY be grinnin'!! LOL

(if you want,..bring the ones you just bought back with you

when I'm there,..I'll hook you up!!) Just tell the greeter at the door that you're going to have the handles customized....they'll put a piece of yellow or red tape on them to show that they're paid for,..and you can bring'em over to my table....no problem!! Seeya in Chi-town!!

Mac

One thing to keep in mind with the sale rods is to keep your reciet. I had one of them break and I found out the rod was over one year old before I bought it. I sent the rod back and the store used the number on the side of the rod to determine its age. I believe old stock gets purged from the shelves with this sale. My rod was thrown away at the returns department and I recieved a small token amount for it. I tried returning the rod while on a fishing trip in Nashville and I will NEVER go to that store again. The general manager was giving me a new rod when he was over-ruled by the fishing manager stating it wasnt their policy to replace the rod. The store manager was new and he than followed the so called fishing department no return policy. Instead of making the situation right like the general managers instincts told him to do initially they did nothing and lost a customer who made monthly purchases with Bass Pro. By the way I now deal with Northern Bass Supply and they are fantastic.

Don't worry Mac, I still got room for one or two more Rods at the Classic, still hopin to make it up there that Friday night, and I may bring that Clunn rod with me, (thanks for the tip, Mac.) And good point Jared, will keep it in mind, thanks... egMike

Oh, a p.s. for Mac, if you haven't found lodging yet, I know there's at least two hotels right across the parking lot from BPS, actually looks to be within the mall boundaries.

Hi Mike,....My arrangements are all set...I'm at the Gurnee Hampton.....not sure where that is from the store..but I'll find it!...Seeya there!! (Thanks for the tip though!!)

What's the date on this show Mac?

When are you 'working?'

I'm closer to Gurnee than I am to Auburn Hills...

az

Hi Andy,...I'll be in Gurnee, Friday, March 21st only!!....arriving thursday evening and leaving early saturday for Springfield!! (I'll be in the store all day friday though,....doing rod handle Graphics and seminars if they need me to fill in a spot) You can see my appearance dates on the BPS website,...click on the Spring Classic logo,.....I'll be in Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago and Springfield! Hope to see you in Ill.!!

Mac
http://www.basspro.com

Aw c'mon Mac, I'd of thought a big name star like yourself would be staying ant the Ritz Carlton or the 4 Seasons, but The Hampton Inn? Is the free breakfast really that good? LOL!! BTW, in Richmond, I stayed at the Super 8!! I have a Super 8 VIP card that I got over 20 years ago when the program first started. I like to look at the faces of the clerks when I give it to them when I check in, it's only 4 digits!! I have spent so much time in the 5 stars that I actually like staying in the bargain chains now. $6.00 to park your car, $12.00 for a bagel and juice, chocolate on your pillow with "turndown" service....ho hum...give me a free twinkie and strong coffee and I'm ready to go.

TOXIC

Got my latest flyer from BPS yesterday. Browsing through and found the 'new' Shimano spinning reels there. Only $499-699.00 each.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot imagine that any spinning reel is worth that kind of money. Anyone have any info on these new reels? Or comments on the price?

Tex

Tox,....I don't make my arrangements...BPS does,...but I'm easily satisfied when it comes to accomidations......I rarely get back to the room before 10pm and I'm outa there by 830am!! If it has a clean bathroom, clean sheets and hot water..I'm happy!! LOL

Tex,.....I agree 100%...anybody who pays that kinda jack for a reel is NUTS!! (and there's a few crazies out there!!)

As far as I know,..a $700 reel sinks just as fast as a $50 reel when they get kicked over the side.....LOL and I'd also guess that over 50% of that cost is gov't Tarrifs on imports from Japan!! (Even $350 is way too much for a spinning reel,...in my humble broke opinion!!LOL!!)

Mac

So, Mac...

What does it "cost" you to work a show on Valentine's Day???

hahaha

just curious,

az

It'll cost me a vacation day,..and those are expensive!! LOL

Why,..what's swirling around in that dome of yours???

Not Much! That's for sure...

March 14...BPS show for Mac...

February 14...Valentine's Day...

DUH!

The fever is starting to effect my brain!

I'm reallllly glad it's FRIDAY!

az

Latest posts

Back