Exciting week

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
First, I'm DONE with grad school! Graduated on Saturday and gave the student address. Dad flew in from Colorado and kept that last part a surprise from him and the rest of my family (except my wife). It feels SO good to have it behind me and the diploma in my hands. But enough of that.

Second, I was involved in a hit-and-run (my second, if anyone remembers the story about being sideswiped by a semi). It happened on one of the local highways last night after picking up some stuff from the local Cabelas. It was an interesting experience. I learned so much from it that I posted the lessons on my Facebook page:

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT HIT-AND-RUNS

1. My Class III drop hitch and ball will cause more damage to your bumper and grill than you will do to my truck.

2. It will cause you worse damage if you rear-end me while I'm stopped than if I'm moving, even only a bit.

3. When I pull over to the right to exchange insurance information, you should not pull into the far left lane.

4. You should definitely NOT speed up.

5. Reasonable people (witnesses) get out of the way when they see a big four-door, three-quarter-ton 4x4 pickup truck charge off the shoulder to go after you.

6. Your shi++y a$$ old vehicle cannot outrun a well-maintained HEMI-equipped 6-speed Dodge!!!

7. Even if you could, you can't outrun a CELL PHONE!

8. If you're going to run, take off your rear license plate or remove the little light bulb that makes it readable.

9. I'd have been nice about it (seeing how little damage I received) had you just pulled over.

10. When I'm pi$$ed off, I love seeing lots of flashing red and blue lights coming my way.

11. I get to sleep in a warm bed tonight. You don't.

12. North side po-po are VERY appreciative when someone helps them catch a person with an arms length's worth of warrants.

And finally, to quote someone very famous:

"Life is hard. Life is harder when you're stupid."

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

It was not often but when I could let the victim see or experience some part or all of the capture and incarceration of a perp; I felt good. I am glad you got that experience... And, I'll bet you did sleep better...:lol:

First, congrats on the grad! Impressive!

second, glad you are ok and glad the police got the dippy....great story though!

Hey Big Mo, congrats on your graduation, a lot of hard work and perseverance! Another congrats on catching the bad guy!

JP

Mo - Mega congrats on the graduation, I know how hard that was especially at your advanced age!! LOL Seriously, very well done!

On the 2nd Hit n Run, very well done as well!

Thanks, everyone!

Next up: Helicopter lessons! (But I have to lose some serious weight first, and that's my motivation.) I figure if I can earn a 4.0 GPA in an MBA program, then I can learn to beat the air into submission.

Ever been in helo's? You will have a fun ride..... hope your hand eye coordiantion is good!

Latest posts

Back