Ethanol-Free Gas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
I asked the owner of "Sky Mart" and he said his gas was, indeed, "ethanol-free".

Exit 84 off US #1 (Jordan Lake area, NC) ($3.55/gal) on 9/9/11

Cool deal but just remember, it is a definite no-no to mix the E-10 and non-corn gas together. It is getting very hard to find non-corn fuel anymore so make sure if you travel you have most all of the good gas used before you fill with E-10. Marina's sometimes have it but without a test kit, I would be suspicious.

TOXIC

Personally i would get a test kit anid make 100% sure its ethanol free regardless of what the owner says.

The gas stations that I use in Hot Springs have a sign posted on the pumps: 0% Alcohol.

cq

Don't trust ANY of it....TEST IT!! You gotta remember that we are also being told we have "E-10", and it isn't MOST of the time!!!

$3.55??? I just paid $3.73 at the cheapie station for corn!

Marine Stabil and Seafoam for me. Boat, mower all power equipment (because I steal it out of the boat)

BF

Why is it such a no/no to mix ethanol and ethanol free gas. As I have done this in each every vehicle I have ever owned. I have tried not to put ethanol in my boats since working with CA.

Bob B can give a more detailed answer (or you could search for the thread on here) but it has to do with the different additives in each. In vehicles it's not so much of a problem but the marine motors don't like it and can be damaged.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back