Erie FOM Tournament

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, looks like CIII and Mike are in the running and haven't sunk the Scales and Tales boat yet!!

From the FOM site....."The 2nd Big Bass of Day-1, weighing 3.56lbs, was brought in by the 25th place Virginia East anglers, Carlos Hathcoch and Michael Meier."

"The 30 mph sustained winds with up to 40 to 50 mph gusts and 7 to 12 ft.

That's awesome,....he emailed me and told me they found some fish,..."If they could get back to them again due to the weather!!".....:wacko::blink:

GET SOME Boys!!!;)

Mac

Here's their pix from Day 1..

FOMBB.jpg

Monkey Boat does it again! Congrats to C and Mike. Crazy as they are I hope the cold doesn't get to them, as well.

C'mon Mike and CIII.. Way to go guys... Go get em but please be careful... That's some

dangerous water.

Uncle Billy

That Lake is nasty when the weather gets bad my partner and I was going to fish it untill we saw the weather and desided not to fish. i feel like we wimped out but after talking to some of the guides they lost 9 bass boats so fare this year my partner sank one in the potomac before so he is gun shy when it comes to nasty weather. GOOD LUCK to Mike and Carlos they have not posted the final finish as of this morning.

I hope they brought some weed fishing,for largemouth tackle. Not very many smallies in the bay this time of year,unlike the spring spawn.

The guys that just brought finess gear for catching main lake fish from 45-50 will definately be at a disadvantage in the bay.

Good luck guys!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!

GOOD FREAKING GRIEF!!

Never been in such bad weather as that in my life!!!!

Prefishing day Wednesday, caught in a Thunderstorm on the main lake, had to run away from the floating line! Did find some NICE smallies though...

Prefishing day Thursday, went out for about an hour. Winds out of the SW at 35-40....ran into Presque Bay, to look, after the aborted attempt to run the shoreline in 8 footers...waves duration was long enough to fit my boat in between them...lengthwise...when we went down into the trough, nothing but water!! Bad news Thursday night no main lake....not bad news in the health sense, but in the smallie sense...... confined to the bay and channel that led into the bay.

Day one: Rain, Cold, WINDY gusts to 40 plus...soaked on the run to the canal beat the snot out of us to get there and it was only 1.57 miles from the launch!!!! Tell you what, I am glad that this was a team TX, as Mike was the man!!!!! He caught the one fish Friday for us, and that was holding us in there for our region (our goal was to advance to the national event).

Bilge pump ran more then I ever knew it could run, and we ran the 24V TM TOTALLY out of juice. Was so windy it was on 100 for HOURS on end.....

Also Mike won the Number one launch position for Day one at the drawing Thursday night too!! Was cool to be the first one out of the shoot!!!

Day two: Not as cold (upper 30's to low 40's) and I decided that I was kinda tired of wet, so drive the boat a bit better over to the spot and that helped. But, we were there an hour or so and the following happened: It rained, sleeted (enough to make sleet balls on the boat deck), snowed, wind blew HARDER (sustained to 35 or so) and then it lightened and thundered! Some kind of Thunder snow crap?????? Was so windy the TM was not working at all, so I got on the big motor, put it in reverser to hold station and Mike was fishing. He had one on in all that mess, but we missed him....About this time I think a few teams decided to call it quits......But, the wind changed and Mike then proceeded to catch two more smallies for us! (again good thing it is a team event!!) and I caught a 7 lb sheep head!!!! Dissiapointment for sure when I saw it was not a smallie.......

Anyway, thanks Mike, great time man!!!!! We did end up as the Va East winner and we get to advance to the National Event and we came in 10th to boot!!!!

Tough fishing...looks like I stil have the smallie curse to get over Hammer!!!!!

Mac, need to get the boat re wrapped prior to the big show!!!! Your wrap drew LOTS of attention!!!!! We need to take it on tough :)

Again, thanks for the well wishes fellas, and thanks Mike for the support!!!!

Carlos

Sounds like Misery Bay really lived up to it's name..;)

Glad to hear you made it out OK. And ended up with a good finish to boot.

Steve

Erie top 10's

10. El Patio roach motel is the closest place to the ramp and has rooms by the hour.

9. Wimps bagged out of the Tournament because of a little wind, rain, snow, sleet. hail? Momma wanted them home to clean the toilets!

8. So Erie eats a few bass boats? Big deal. The Edmund Fitzgerald was allot bigger and it ate that too!

7. You can catch trout there! Big rainbow's they call Steelhead.

6. You can catch Drum there. Big ones they call Sheepshead? Why do Yankees change the names on everything?

5. Yammaha makes a great trolling motor for sustained winds over 30. And my partner sure knows how to run that thang!

4. The Erie small mouth bass get to the 4-5 lb range because you can only fish them 1 out of 5 days. (We would have 10's on the Potomac if that happened.)

3. I know an Erie tackle shop where you can get 3/4oz tube heads for a buck a piece!

2. Pliers don't float any better up north than they do down here. (Ask Carlos)

1. Couldn't wear my shorts or flops after Tueday. That pisses me off.

We will be going to the National Event at Lake Murray, SC in May 2007. Home water for me.

We will be fishing out of the Xpress this trip. And no snow, I promise!

Thanks Bruce.

Thanks Mike for number 2...you were not supposed to notice...they did make a nice bounce off the deck though, huh?

Hey Carlos... Sounds like you are tuning up to become a walleye fisherman... 30 mph winds are normal... Come out to Green Bay and see some real rough stuff... we have to walk through 8 feet of snow uphill both ways just to get to the livewell in the bow and that is in July!

Mike LMAO...

See you guys soon... we're gonna do a Big NTOWS get together somewehere in 2007 so we stay in touch...

Not that our weather was that bad today, but the wind was strong enough on the Chesapeake today to blow my lifevest out of the boat with a rod and reel attached. Anybody want to guess which one floated?

Carlos you are Welcome. Greg, when and where?

BF

Great job guys....

Welcome to fishing on the great lakes!

Mini

Greg,

Let me know asap as I have to schedule my time off for this Fiscal year about now.....

You are too funny on the snow!! UUGGHH not for me man!!!

Bruce, I guess the rod and reel floated about as good as my pliers????

Mini, WAY diffrent then St Claire!!!! Cant wait to get to St Claire again for more smallies though..you guys have me addicted!!

Yes St Clair is alot different than the rest of the Great Lakes. But running in Erie, Michigan and Huron arent much different. Except the water is clearer in Michigan and Huron.

Mini

Hey Mini...I got my two biggest eyes to date in 7 to 9 footers at Huron:wacko:

Welcome back boys. And in one piece ta boot!! That's the fourth time I have heard of using the "Big" motor. Once was on Champlain with Robay.....and me getting blown up on the cribs, with you coming out of that awful creek on the Potomac, mini 2 years ago when I took the butt seat off the pole, then inserted the pole!!LOL!! And now this.....We gotta get bigger trollers!!

TOXIC

When the wind blows the fish bite.....rather have it blowing then dead flat calm! (unless I am sight fishing :) )

Bill,

It was BIGGER then that out there man..it was unreal!

But just 4 to 5 footers in the bay :)

Man Carlos, I've been in some very hairy situations but if I was in a boat out on the water when it was worse than this I think I'd poop myself!. Shew, I'm glad you guys are ok.!!!

Uncle Billy

Thanks Guys!

I have a good partner that can hold the boat in this stuff and let me fish.

If it could have only been as nice as the pic we would have been in the lake. We were catching 4's and better before the storm moved in and they locked us in that bay.

I think we have some beleivers....

That picture isnt THAT bad.....I know CIII and MikeEx know now!

It gets scary when you are in the swells and all you see are walls of water 7-10 feet above you.

Mini

At times you dont have a choice....it can go from calm (1-2 footers) to that in a matter of an hour.....you might have to get back in it!

Exactly! Well sometimes CIII, the underwear do get soiled, and then cleaned again.

I am sure you know what I mean....

Mini

Uncle Billy,

Looks like a sunny Spring day out on Green Bay... chasing walleyes...:cool:

Latest posts

Back