Enjoy time with your fishing partner.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
Next time your out with your fishing buddy and you shake hands afterwards, be sure to remember that the good day you had out was a gift that can be taken away at any point in time.

I never ever thought that when we pulled away from the lake in Ontario in September that it was the end of 35 years of great fishing trips together with my friend Ray. There were so many more planned.

A massive heart attack ended ours on News Years Eve.

RIP Ray. :(

True good lifelong friends are so valuable and hard to find........

So sorry to hear that Mike. The outdoors are so much better when shared with someone else who understands the pull. After that many years together, they are never far from you.

Thanks for the reminder for all of of us to never take our time for granted.

Mike,

Sorry to here of your loss. I am sure he will be with you every time you hit the water.

GregD

Sorry for your loss Mike. My dad and I went fishing Saturday morning and had a great time. He always took me when I was young and it became something I loved. Now that I am older, married and working all the time we don't get out and fish much anymore. Reading this post made me think....I don't know how many more opportunities we will have to enjoy fishing together so I better make the most of every opportunity I have. Thanks for the post.

Mike I understand were you are comming from. I had a trip planed with my partner this month for Falcon Lake. On Thanksgiving I had a spell with my heart. Went to the Heart Hospital and found out that I had 4 blockages. Just had 3 stents put in the last two weeks. I feel great now but it could have been this same case. I don't get to go this year on long fishing trips but I will still live to have many more. Sorry for your loss and this will open my eyes up to the best freinds that I have. That is my family and the guys that I fish with and enjoy being around. Take care and God bless you.

Mine is laid up now after knee replacement. Not permanent, but I miss the fellowship and the good natured ribbing and back and forth bantering. Sorry for you loss Mike.

My husband is my fishing buddy... While on a travel nurse assignment in May 2011, I became critically ill, was air evac'd and placed on a ventilator. The Dr.s didn't give me much of a chance for the first few days. My husband called the ICU nurses and told them to tell me that "...my fishing buddy is on his way." Over the next few days, that's all I thought about. When Johnny arrived a few days later with my elderly Dad in tow, I was sitting up and able to talk with both of them. When we arrived home in MS., I had Johnny take me fishing for a couple hours. Back then, that's all I could manage. Well, we just bought a 2005 NitroLX DC and we'll be staying out a bit longer this spring! Those days spent out on the water really do count for a lot.

Betty Smith

Great story Betty. Enjoy the boat, fishing and your fishing buddy.

The sole reason I took fishing back up was because of my grandfather. I feel him in the boat with me every time I hit the water.

TOXIC

Thanks all. If anyone is looking for a good Ranger, I just added his to the Swap & Sell for his wife.

Thanks Bob B. for your time & advice on the phone!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm doing much better and will certainly enjoy every minute spent out on the rivers with Johnny.

Betty Smith::D

Back