Engine Issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Nevill

Reaction score
I need advise. The past two time out my motor has been sputtering once I get about quarter thrott had and will not go full trottle. Once in a while the motor will rev up full then acks like a miss then boggs down. The motor is a 1998, Mercury 90HP 3 crab. The carb were rebuilt a few years ago and have had no issues till just a few weeks ago. Iy starts great and idles great.

Any ideas of stuff I can do before I take it to a mecanic. I've thought about changing out the primer bulb, line and the disconnect to the motor. Also the full filter.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Those are all good places to start, especially the bulb and filter. Make sure you check for water in the filter cup. The line and connector are probably the least likely to be the problem, but could be. Good luck with her.

Gene

I agree 100% with Gene check out this link: http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=526471-performance-problems-upgrade-your-fuel-line-primer-bulb-first

Mike

Latest posts

Back