End of a tough month

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
This has been a tough month and I'm glad its coming to an end.

To give you just a glimpse...

On Monday, April 4th, my administrative assistant did not show up for work at her usual hour. She was always very prompt. At 8 a.m., her estranged husband called asking for her. When we told him she wasn't in yet, he told us he had been trying to contact her since the previous Saturday evening with no response.

A female co-worker and I then drove to my assistant's house. After three attempts to get her to answer my knocks and calls, my co-worker told me that she heard a sound through the garage door. We called the police, who kicked in the back door, and found her body in her car in the garage. If you're asking, "Was it ......?" the answer is 'yes'. I was madder than a hornet for awhile, but now I've come to the point where I've accepted it. There was nothing any of us could have done to prevent it, either.

There's also some stuff about work that I just can't go into here, but it's NOT good.

The best part of the month was that I went on our annual crappie trip to Lake of the Ozarks last weekend, and we knocked the schnonkers out of 'em!! I was throwing back fish that didn't measure at least 10 1/2 inches (minimum keeper lenght is nine inches). They were thick fish as well. We came home with our limit of nice sized fillets. Mmmmm, mmmm...GOOD! Oh, and four channel cat filets, too.

So, considering everything that's going on, I wish all of you the very best season of boating and fishing possible. I check often, but just don't have the time to reply or participate as much as I would like.

Rich...love the smiley's.

MO

P.S. There's no need to reply to this. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Mo...

You have lots of old friends here... So this is a great place to come and get things off your chest...

You'll be in my prayers for a while... a long while...

Sorry to hear all that MO, it certainly isn't the way to start ANY month. Keep your chin up.

Mark -

I talked to your Assistant several times..... She was a wonderful person.....

If I can be of any assistance, my home number is 618-288-5041. Work is 800-325-9053.

God Bless!

me!

Latest posts

Back