• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Drop-In Trays?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Smith

Reaction score
Does anyone know where we can find drop in trays for the rear hatches on a 2005NitroLX? They seem to be notoriously difficult to find!

Betty Smith

I've never seen an after market source. I know someone got a replacement from my boat when it was at the KC West Bass Pro Shop for service. Fortunately, they left me their cracked one which I fixed with black duct tape.

Know what? I found a replacement at WalMart in the storage section. They are similar in size to the OEM part, dove gray color (not too feminine!) and only $8/each. I can't even start to tell you how hard I looked to find the parts. If they aren't in a boat when you purchase it, you're not going to be able to find them. Our boat is a 2005 nitro700LX and not that old, but the part has already been discontinued. The newer boats have slightly larger utility hatches. How do I know? I went so far as taking the one box I did have to the dealer and compared it against all other hatch liners in the showroom. (none fit.) They told me to call Tracker Marine. I did. No joy. I've even called about a dozen salvage yards. Our boat is "too new." I have to say, all-in-all, that I've gone over, above and beyond to try and get this part.

I'm rather suprised at the lack of boat specs. available. When I called the parts departments (again, about a dozen over 6 states) they were unable to look up the part and give me the specs. My husband and I came up with different measurements... I measured the cutout, he measured the box. So I attempted to obtain the measurement from the local dealer. Again, no joy.

I even thought about buying a tackle hatch and making a template for it to sit in. The hatch is either too big for the smaller tackle hatches and too small for the others. I did see this one place called "The Bait Bar" where they will make one. Looks like an extraordinarily skilled metal worker, going by the photos off his website. I may have to give this fella' a call if these little bins don't work out!!!:D

We had "The Bait Bar" make us the hatch and it works beautifully. Perfect fit and good price for a replacement piece. Also ordered a couple of the bait bars themselves for good measure. Johnny would probably use the spinner baits more if they weren't such a pain to get to!

PS: Ended up getting the specs. from the people who MADE the part at one time and sent those on to the bait bar. Couldn't ask for better!:)

Latest posts

Back