Divorce

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Guys, my daughter is getting a divorce from her husband of 6 years. Supposedly he just doesn't love her anymore. They had separated 2 years ago but went thru counciling and got back together. This time it's for good. She lives next door in my father-in-laws house so she has a place to stay. There are no kids so that's a relief. We went to the lawyer and he gave us some advice. In Louisiana, he is responsible for 50% of all the monies owed. He will keep his truck and she will keep her car. We already went to all the companies to change the billing. She is more pissed off than sad. I told her she's young and she will find someone better. Needless to say my wife and I are upset but will get thru it with prayers and family support. Just had to let it off of my chest.

Barry from La.:(

Not a great situation, but "pissed off" attitude isnt all that bad, especially since no need to play nice for the kids.

my father had sage words of advice that would make you shake your head the first time or two he would lay them on you. his response here would be "better to be pissed off than pissed on".

Better days will be in her future.

I haven't been on here for a while but I have been lurking and keeping up best I can.

Barry I am going through the same thing as your daughter. My wife pretty much told me she didn't love me anymore and she had feelings for someone else. We where married almost 9 years so this one is going be rough. Also we have a 3 year old girl who is truly a daddys girl.

The only plus is my car has 3 more payments and I should get the house. We haven't filed yet but she has been living in an apartment for 4 months and counciling and church have not helped any. I will say a prayer for her, I know exactly how she feels.

Donnie

Good luck to her Barry. Keep her head on straight and I am sure she will come out alright. I have seen too many people get obcessed with this and it has brought them to almost a nervous breakdown!

Randy!

Best of luck to both your daughter and DonJovi.

Never been there, never wanted to be there. Having too much fun just being me :)

Hope all works out.

Once she heals, she will be better off. At least there will be some closure. Just be there for her. Don't be upset, reading this post she was in a mess for a long while and that will be over.

Sorry to hear the sad news guys. God Bless you all and know that ther is a greater plan for the parties affected. Stay strong and stay positive. We'll be praying for a wonderful new beginning for all!

Thanks for the support and prayers. My wife and I told her that we are here for her. Luckily she's just next door and we can watch over her. I'm praying for ya DonJovi!

Barry from La.:(

Hang in there DonJovi. I'll toss my family's story in here: My son decide to live out the George Strait song, and all three of his ex's live in Texas, that's why he's back here. No three strikes rule applies: now he's in a great, stable, long term relationship and getting emotional support.

by the way, I gotta brag.. me and the mrs have been together for 43, married for 39. It still happens, have faith.

see there, In one family both extremes of the relationship spectrum

Hey Barry and DJ - hang in there. Sorry to hear. Don't much post on the non-fishing stuff, but sending best wishes and good thoughts to both your families.

Darn, I'm sorry for your daughter Barry but she may end up better off.. She shouldn't waste her life!!

I'm very sorry to hear of your trouble too Don.. Good luck with whatever you do and I'll be saying a prayer for both you and Barry's daughter.

I'll brag too.. I've been beautifully and happily married for 20 years. And hey, 20 out of 35 ain't to bad is it??:lol:

Uncle Billy

Wow,..that's a real drag for BOTH of you,...DonJovi, I was thinking about you the other day,..haven't seen you post in awhile, and now I know why!! Hang in there fella's...things always have a way of working out for the better even if it's painful and unclear at the start. Keep the faith!!

Mac

I'll chime in, because of experience in this....it gets worse before it gets better.....but it gets much better.

Good luck.

Pierre

Hey thanks for all the prayers guys it really helps to know people care!

Mac I got rid of the land line a few months ago to save money. I have a Treo phone so I got the internet on it, but the post function on this board will not work from it. So I grab a PC connections when I get time. By the way Keep the Faith is a BonJovi song!

Donnie

Donnie,

I don't have any sage advice, only good thoughts for you. Thirty plus years ago I ended a 7 year marriage and not too long after that met and eventually married my wife and the mother of my three children. There is always a good chance that a better day is coming, happened to me. If your future is even half of what I have now, you will a happy man.

I got my divorce finalized 3 months ago as well. Kinda sucks. But it was better for both of us. We parted on good terms. It was alot cheaper that way. DonJovi - you should get an Iphone - you will have a full internet browser and it is way faster than what you have now. Look into it dude.

Latest posts

Back