Discouraged

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
My daughter's husband left her in Feb 09 for another woman who is also married. They were divorced this past August. She lives next door in my father-in-laws house so at least she has a place to stay. We had to help her with the divorce and her outstanding bills. This week she was layed off from her job. Needless to say, my wife and I are upset. She's still young, 26, and has no kids, but I thought at this age, 57, I'd be getting ready for retirement and playing with some grandkids. I guess stuff happens for a reason. The holidays this year will be different. My wife and I are praying that she can find a job. She's already looking for a man.

Barry from La.:(

Barry - sorry to hear. Things will get better. Your daughter will find a job. Celebrate that you have each other in your lives. These temporary set backs are just that - temporary.

BTW, not to be too nosey, but why does she need to find a man? Sounds like with two loving parents and a generous grandfather, her first priority should be a job that she can take pride in. The right guy will come along at the right time.

Jim

Now thats some good advice. Sorry to hear Barry. Things will get better.

Barry,

You and your wife hang in there. Things will work out for all the right reasons.

Will keep you and your family in thoughts.

Dan

Just remind her jobs pay bills guys make bills.;)

I wish her luck.

My daughter got married last spring and is now expecting and with all the stuff my wife's buying you'd think we're having a baby. jeessh!!

fatrap

Barry,

I seperated from my wife of 5 years for similar reasons. I moved out of my custom dream home and into a small 3 season cottage the day of my 34th birthday by myself. The weeks that followed are a blur. I assumed i would never have kids and I vowed never to get hitched again. That lasted four months. four years later, I am married again to a wonderful woman, have an 18 month old daughter who is the center of my universe and a little guy set to arrive in January. I live on a great waterfront property where bass fishing abounds.....could not ask for a better turn out.

What I've learned:

-Sometimes you are not in the right arrangement but don't know it.

-That particular situation is tough because it hits you everywhere, confidence, self-esteem, financial situational etc....there is no better test of resilliance.

-things will get worse befor they get better...but they will get better.

-Nothing gets fixed over night, best to just chill and let time pass.

-The best things happen when you don't look for them.

Good luck to your daughter, it'll get better.

Pierre

profound words pierre....i didnt know..

Pierre is speaking from experience...the best teacher. That said, it is hard when you're going through it.

Barry, hang in there and do what you have to do as a father. Pierre, good to see you. As you have, I have been blessed with a "second chance". Very good advice.

BruceM

Barry,

My youngest was in a horrible relationship and wasn't too eager to end it. In the end she finally realized he was a loser (drunk). (I had my own plan and she got out before I had to "help"). She was an emotional mess for months. Then one day she started to recover and eventually found her focus. She went back to Grad School and is back on track. She will be better and stronger for having had the experience.

None of us want our kids to have any "trouble", but life doesn't always fit the plan we have. Just love her and offer support and advice (when she asks, that's tough to keep as a policy). You will both get through this if you take it as a temporary situation that will improve.

Barry, hang in there. Everything happens for a reason and usually turns out for the best. I lost my job and my 10 year relationship within about 2 weeks of eachother this year. 5 months later, I am a much happier person. Just keep the faith!! Bless you for helping her out. Wish I had that if and when I ever needed it.

Latest posts

Back