Did my motor blow up

• Thread starter tightline 700lx
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tightline 700lx

Reaction score
Here's the story. I own a Nitro 700lx with a 2001 90HP ELPTO Mercury and I was heading back to the dock running about 5000rpm... Motor turns off abrubtly. Checked the prop and under the cowling and there was no apparent problems.

Cranked right back up and sounded good so I got back on plan and about 1/2 mile away it shut down again.

Okay thats weird so I fished around for about 30min and tried it again. The boat cranked right back up and sounded good and I went about 3miles and shut down again.:angry:

Gave it about 30 sec and cranked it up again and know there is a knock in the motor.:angry:

No warning signs or alarms ever happened. Boat still runs good just a loud knock. Someone said it could have been starved for fuel and detonated a cylinder but I dont know.

Any Ideas???

Maybe the motor shutting down was the " alarm" indication that something was wrong? Some models do different things when there is low oil or a water restriction issue .

Latest posts

Back