Depth finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim clear

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I need some help lol. Last year installed a hummingbird 587 ci combo on my nitro nx882. I purchased the through the hull tranducer and installed it correctly. It worked flawless all year. The unit worked great up until last weekend. It would not read the bottom, by this i mean I had a bottom readout but no bottom on the screen. Wierd thing is that when I sped up the bottom picture started to come back. I did get a low voltage alarm on the screen (9.5). But I had no problems starting the boat. Question: could a weak battery cause this while I am trolling around but when I get up to speed the voltage increase is somewhat back to normal and allows the unit to work?

I have a similar problem. My DF display weakens when I run TM. When TM not under power display is fine. I have an onboard charging box, but it,s not hooked up to big motor charging system, so I have to plug it in to household circuit. A friend, who has been in this game a lot of years, told me he feels that he gets a better recharge out of a traditional charger, even tho he has an onboard charging system on his rig. I have one battery which I think is weak, and I'm considering a replacement. Any thoughts on this.

Latest posts

Back