Deaths at Lake Anna

• Thread starter David Hunt [URL]http://www.newschannel8.net/news/s
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tragic. Remember to wear your PFDs, particularly if you are not a good swimmer.

Tragic. This is exactly why I wear a PFD whnever on the boat--big motor running or not. Big motors don't cause drowning--being in the water without a PFD does.

Sometimes you get a false sense of security when you are in a canoe. Anna has some real nut-cases who LOVE to blow by you and cause a huge wake which just continues on until it reaches the shoreline. Real idiots. This past weekend we had one of the boating magazines sponsor the high performance boats on the cold side. More than 200 were running up and down the lake at extremely high speeds, along with the deafening sound of the un-mufflered systems. Some with 400 HP and about 12 feet of fibergalss underneath. Stayed away from the cold side this weekend.

The scarry thing is they let anyone buy/drive a boat and can't even drive a car.

Hutch - Couldn't agree more. Have you seen Toxic on the water? LOL

Can you imagine what Jetskiers would be like if we didn't have age limits like we do now. Just what we need, an 8 year old by himself on a jetski doing 55 mph in busy traffic.

That would explain all the muscle boats I saw when I left the area on Sunday. I know they have put speed limits on some lakes in California.

david......

David - I would like to see them limit the speed AND the sound levels on the lake. I noticed coming across the Contrary Creek Bridge that some knucklehead in a bass boat ignored the no wake buoy and came under the brigde doing at least 60 mph. Just glad there was nobody on the other side. If we could get the VDGIF to get out here more often and start ticketing these idiots our state revenue would go up and and the lake would be a lot safter.

Write your local state representitives. With enough letters from their constituents politicians will try to outlaw motherhood and apple pie.

Harpo

I have to get off the water by noon on the weekends to many &^$*%%#4 out there to enjoy your self.

We've already switched to nights to avoid some of the idiots...Only ones left now seem to be the tourney guys who insist on running at WOT in the middle of the night...thru the debri fields!

Tragic.....Fishin out of a canoe and obviously couldn't swim well??!?!?!? Some people. When I get a funny look from clients when I tell them to put the PFD on when the big motor is on I say "I wear mine and I can swim great................when I'm consious"!!!!! Hitting the water at 60+ is not fun and I've done it plenty of times (not while fishing), trick sking behind a speedboat. Broken eardrum, knocked out a couple of times and that was when all you were required to wear was a ski belt!! Remember those?:p If you got knocked out the boat had to get back to you and get you face up quick. I drank a lot of lake water.

TOXIC

When I was involved in the boating incident were a perspective buyer was diving I was knocked out and buy only the grace of God did I end up still in the boat. The driver was ejected. Neither of us were wearing PFD's he was safed as well buy a couple of quick thinking guys in a Ranger who cut their lines because they seen what was about to happen. That person was still conscious but to my later surprise I found out he could not swim.

Needless to say I 've become an advocate for wearing a PFD ,Always make your passengers wear them as well. I never seen what hit us or what we hit I should say. I also am a good swimmer, but that doesn't help if your unconscious. (better save than soggy !)

MY 2 CENTS

Mark

Latest posts

Back