Dale Hollow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
I'm doing some night fishing at Dale Hollow next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm staying at the State Lodge and also rented a slip. Anyone know of a marina selling decent gas. The last two times I got gas at marinas the fuel had water in it. My engine hates water. I usually pull the boat out and drag it to a gas station but I don't know how far the Dale Hollow Lodge is from the nearest service station plus I'm getting lazy. So I might buy fuel on the water if there's a high volume, water-free gas, marina selling fuel. Price per gallon is not a problem.

Thanks

Da Bear

The lodge is just up the road from a gas station so your cool...it's on your way. I don't like getting gas at any of those marinas because it's usually old also...and the price...well apparently you know:(

Don't forget your black,blue and red spinnerbaits and black and blue jigs. Spooks work well when they're on top. Spinnerbaits always. Find weeds and work em' good:p

Lemme' know how ya' do....I've been wanting to go back since April:cool:

Thanks for the gas info and the the tackle tips. I'll let you know how we do.

Your da man.

Da Bear

My dad and brother just got back and the lake is still a little high so definitely check out the grassbeds around Goat and First islands. Also the topwater bite might happen early if you have any good cloudcover...if so hit all the trees you find ...fast and furious because that bite will die quickly.

Forget about day fishing...

BTW...take some crawlers...you can nail some HOGEYES while smally fishin'...

Break out the blacklights;)

GOOD LUCK!

DUDE!!!!!!!! I just forgot something that may help you out and even wanted to try myself but, figured I'll share the info. Go get some of those Smally Beavers that Backwaters sale...I'm not sure where else you can get them but, was told by an individual(who's a guide) that those are hot right now Carolina rigged and Texas rigged:cool:

sb_juicy_lg.jpg

Tee - the Smally Beavers look great and 10-4 on Texas rigged. I'm going to take some crawlers for backup. I'll definitely check out the grass at Goat and First islands.

Ben - thanks for the follow-up on the gas station. I really hate using marina gas. I'll have time during the day to sleep and then get up and gas up the boat. Maybe have some time for a good swim before evening.

Thanks Guys. Man my mouth is watering to get back to the Hollow.

Da Bear

Latest posts

Back