Color-C-Lector experiance or advise

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Cozadd

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a color/combo-C-lector to use next season. Does anyone have any experiance with these? For those unfamiliar with these gadgets they are a ph/temp/water clarity meter (I beleive) that identify the most visible color at the water depth your measuring. They are supposed to help by identifying the water that has the best ph level, then let you know what color lure to use. At least that is my understanding. Thanks, Jeff

Jeff:

Seems like they were real hot several years back and then fell out of vogue. I was paired in few tournaments with guys that had them and they swore by the color recommendation the device made. They didn't have or comment about the PH etc.

Bear

I always thought they should be ipart of everyone's tackle - everyone else that is! Right there with the rabbit's foot, Flying and Helicopter Lures and Pocket Fisherman!

me!

i had one a few years back. it actually worked. once even during a tourn. me and my partner took 1st,2nd,and 3rd. no one else in the tourn caught a fish so we got 3rd too. in our club that had never happened before or since. that was 10 years ago. and i'm still in the same club. as for the selector it broke after about a year. i stepped on it and never replaced it. but in water that i already had favorite colors in, the selector had me use different colors that worked. and these were on slow days. if you really want to try one. try to borrow one because once you figure out the colors you won't use much after that. and theres a lot to be said about "confidence" lures and colors also.but thats another story. stan