Cold water fish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
I was out on Blue Marsh Lake in Bernville,PA on Sunday early. Air temp was 28 @ 6:50AM, water temp was 38-40F. Fished mostly with drop shots, had alot of hits but couldn't hook any, I'm thinkin they were crappies, My dad and I found 2 places where there was alot of fish arches on the lowrance, and when we stopped there, we would get bites, but just couldn't hook them, they were in 15-28FT of water)I think I will try to downsize the hook maybe that would help, but what eles could I try in cold water like this?

It was fun, only 2 boats there, we had a great time, but would like to get some in the boat, just to say we catch fish in 38 degree water:eek:

Thanx

I'd try a small jigging spoon. If they aren't taking it, or need a bit of extra coaxing, I'd slip a tube jig over the jigging spoon, poke the split ring out of the top of the tube jig, and retie. Drop it down to the depth they are holding at, hold for a second, jerk up rapidly, and then let it fall. Repeat. I've got some small jigging spoons, and some 3" tubes that work well for this.

All the best,

Glenn

Back