Certificate boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
Anyone ever purchase their boat via certificate? What was your experience?

I bought one for a 591/150 and upgraded it to the 929/225 I have now. I'm not sure about how other brands work, but it was a very easy experience for me. I ended up buying in Chicago to get a deal on a non-current model. I negotiated a price with the upgrades I wanted, then used the certificate as a trade for its face value. I'm looking at selling my current boat, and will be looking for another certificate to use when I buy my next one. From my experience, I would say to do it if it is through Nitro.

I have sold a few that I have won in tournaments, and honestly, redeeming one is as easy as can be, especially with you being so close to BPS headquarters in Springfield. All you have to do is take the certificats (boat and motor will be seperate on Nitro/Tracker boats) to your dealer of choice, let them know if there will be any upgrades, and they take care of the rest. Simple as that. I would however discuss the matter with your dealer ahead of time. I sold one to a guy in Destin Florida one time, the dealer he was using had never heard of Trackers certificate program before, it was easy enough to solve the problem it just took a few days and a few phone calls.

I bought my Z-7 certificate from Mike Mills. It was a great experience. As he says I went to my local Tracker center and they were extremely helpful in the process as well. When the certificate arrived I took it there and ordered the boat to my specifications and colors.

The only extra I had to pay was freight and dealer prep, which you would have to pay anyway.

The service after the fact has been exceptional as well. So if you have an opportunity to get a certificate go for it.

Tom

I did. Very easy and was able to customize what I wanted. The bad thing is it did take awhile to get the boat in so be prepared not to have it until the summer if you buy it this month.

Latest posts

Back