Car Sale Dilema

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Someone at work wants to buy my Infiniti for $1000 less than I paid for it. I have put 11,000 miles on it since I got it so I figure that's worth $1000. I really like this car but I could probably buy a used Pathfinder for less or a used Tahoe for alittle more. What do you think? Should I keep it or sell it? It does have a warranty until 75,000 which another used SUV probably wouldn't. I pay out the a$$ for plates ($700) because it's considered a "luxury" car where a Pathfinder is rated 2 classes below it. Insurance takes a hit too because of the "luxury" factor. Not sure what to do.....

Do like it enough to pay the extra $$$ to keep it?

If not, dump it and go with one of the others...sounds like the others will save you $$$ in the long-run...

az

Teri, sell it and take a test ride in a good used Chevy Avalanche, my wife rather drive my truck then her new Jeep Liberty, she said she would have bought another Avalanche if she hadn't already had the Jeep on order. The Avalanche rides like a car and tows like a truck. Save the extra funds to spend on fishing gear...

Buzz

Tha Avalanche is HUGE. I don't think it would fit in my garage. I drive a SportTrac now and then and I really like it but I can't see myself owning a truck as my only vehicle.

I tow with an '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee...(that's when I can get it away from the wife!!!)

We have not spent $.01 on repairs since we got it...

My only gripe has been the gas mileage...15 around town...less when towing...

az

Teri,

My first reaction is to keep what you got, but I am always wrong about these things, so you would probably be better off selling it. And no offense to Buzz, but don't get an avalanche! They is ugly!!

Rich D

Sell it and get the Tahoe, they ride just like the Avalanche but aren't as ugly! LOL You had that coming Buzz. Remember....Hummers are beautiful vehicles.

I didn't want to be as mean as you guys and say the Avalanche is ugly but I don't really like all the plastic on it.

Get the Toyota or Nissan. Bag the Avalanche and the others. What does your rig weigh? Can you tow it with the 6 in the Nissan?

david....

SUV's are cool. Sounds like you are really wanting to do it. Good luck if you decide to get another ride! Tahoe's are really nice...expensive but nice.

Teri,

It is o.k. Everyone knows it. The Avalanche has enough ugly for two trucks!

Rich D

The Chevy Avalanche IS ugly, but for some reason, the one Buzz has is pretty sharp looking. It must be the color! And you gotta like that 8.1L motor too!!

Bob G.

Teri, you save all kinds of money by driving a car for as long as you can. A nice vehicle like the Infinit you have still feels and looks good when it's four or five years old. Unless it's VERY costly to insure, or it doesn't do something you need it to do, stick with it and discipline yourself to keep it as long as possible. After four or five years, the financial payback becomes substantial. You take a $ bath if you turn over a car every two or three years.

The Avalanche is pretty ugly, but it surely is functional! If they could just get the styling details a little less radical...

I know a couple guys that had leakage problems around the back seal, but I think they fixed that after the first year.

Oh geez! First, the Tahoe is rather large too. If you don't want a truck as your only vehicle, then don't get one -- it truly is that simple.

Buy what YOU want. Remember though, you know what you've got with the Infinity.

Personally, and only what *I* would do, is sell the Infinity and get a Pathfinder if you like everything about the Infinity.

Your money, your decision. Oh, and you couldn't GIVE me a freaking Dodge, hemi or otherwise. An engine alone doesn't make up for the pieces of crap the rest of the vehicle is. Of course, I only have experience with their cars, not trucks, but that was enough to keep me out of their trucks.

If you are writing this, then I don't think you are 'sold' on what you have. Maybe I'm reading this wrong. On the other hand, you have a 'feel' for what you have.

Even if you buy a new one, you still have to go through that initial period again. Also, will the new one be good, or will you get a lemon, or lemon-like one.

Having said all that, consider this.

Sell what you have, and buy a good used low mileage SUV/Truck that is a lease return. Then you will get the best of all worlds.

Tex

I love it. I was just saying Avalanches were ugly to get back at Buzz (though I do believe it!) LOL His is plush! Rides nice and is really peppy. Can't wait to see how it tows a boat. But I guess in is unanamous, the Avalanche is ugly! LOL So there Buzz! Pick on my Hummer dream eh?

Dilema solved...the lady just sent me an email and decided she didn't want to buy it.

Well,

Made that decision easy!! I just bought a used Yukon and it is NICE. Can hardly tell the boat is behind the truck now. Big upgrade from my '95 Tahoe.

Carlos

Last Chevy Silverado I owned the tail gate, and bottom of the door jams (both sides) rusted clean through. The rear end fell out and the transmittion crapped at 65K. Each to their own. :)

Rich Stern is worried about "ugly"?

What's he doin' hangin' with us!??!

Listen to the pot calling the kettle black! LOL

"Me!", You really make it TOO easy! LOL But it's no fun anymore cause you ain't jabbin back. Haven't lost your nerve have ya? We gotta teach you to catch bigger fish to reinstill your self confidence.

What about a ford????? Or go with the New Dodge V-10 with 500 hp Viper motor in it off the lot.. I bet thstll hsul the bannana around town nicely.....

Sell the Infinity.

T.S.

Latest posts

Back