Can I add a Trim Gauge???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Rich

Reaction score
Hello All - I am a new Tracker owner and this forum has been quite helpful to date. I have a 2013 PG V-16 WT with a 90hp Merc. Unfortunately, the 175 was a foot to long to fit in the garage:( My boat does not have a trim gauge, so it is difficult to determine how far up or down it is without looking back at the motor or listening to it when running at full throttle.

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket Trim Gauge to add on? There is no "extra" port for it on the dash, so I would have to mount it somewhere. Do these exist? If so, are they difficult to wire? I built a wire harness and installed a stereo, etc. so I should be capable of wiring a trim gauge (I think).

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I wouldn't waist your time and money I never even look at mine. Once you get used your boat you won't need it. You will be able to tell by feel.

I agree with TJ. I only look at mine when I get ready to take off and I'm trimming down. Even then I only look at it to see how much farther it has to go. I can tell by the sound when I'm trimmed down all the way. You can tell when you are trimmed to the right spot when on plane by how the steering feels. You'll get used to it with some seat time.

Gene

Good advice given above about seat time. You can also watch your voltmeter when trimming down and see it peg when it bottoms out. ;)

If you really want to add a trim gauge it is really not that hard. I added one to my 1999 90 hp. Merc. All you need is the gauge and the sending unit that mounts to your motor by your trim cylinder pivot point. All wiring was color coded and marked on the back of the Teleflex gauge that I bought. Instructions as to how to calibrate the gauge to the sending unit came with it. I can't remember if I had to add any length to the wires. If you want the gauge light to work, you will need to tap into an existing gauge light wire.

Great advice guys, thanks. I am sure it will just take time to get accustomed to. I guess it is more of a want than a need anyway. Thanks again for the quick feedback!

Latest posts

Back