Buyer backed out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, my crazy @$$ buyer lady backed out because she wanted the driveway sealed after the home inspection yesterday, amongst other cosmetic things. THOSE things are WHY I'm only asking $165,000 for a 4,000 sq ft, brick colonial, 5 bed, 2 bath home with all new everything. If I were to finish those last little cosmetic things, I would want $225,000 like everyone else. Oh well, it only means that I can't get my boat back on the water this year....that sucks. Guess I'll have to keep bummin rides from Buzz! :D

Buy it Ed. With Champlain iwithin almost casting distance.....:)

I WOULD BUY THAT HOUSE IN A HEARTBEAT IF I COULD ONLY GET MY WIFE TO MOVE. THAT HOUSE UP HERE IN MN IN THE SUBURBS WOULD EASILY GO FOR 600K., PROBABLY

MORE. MY 2 BED ONE BATH, UNFINISHED BASEMENT, 4 CAR GAR WENT FOR 185K. IN 2000.

DOES THE JOB MARKET SUCK DOWN THERE OR WHAT?

That's $41.25 a foot. That is incredible. By the way you should be pocketing the earnest money- I trust your realtor took care of this as these things were not surprises (if he didn't you need a new realtor). I know a guy that had this happen to him 2 times, he was lovin' it- made more on the lost earnest money than the house.

I'm with Berry...$41.25 a sq ft is give away...I don't care what the driveway looks like. I don't know anything about property values in New York but I do know that you can't buy a double-wide in a bad neighborhood in Oklahoma City, one of the cheapest real estates markets in the country, for 41 bucks a foot.

Man I love that house! In my area it would go for AT LEAST around what Kevin said at

$600,000. In fact that would be a deal. Good luck!

Uncle Billy

Sounds nice, but one negative for me would be that white stuff you guys get up there about 6 months out of the year!!

I will suffer through the heat and humidity to fish year around here in Texas. As they say about the Houston area, "I know Hades is hot, but is it humid??"

And what a deal, that is $300K here, and we are one of the cheaper markets in the country.

See ya.

That's only 5 1/2 months of snow there Ed!!!! Then there's mud season, construction/mosquito season and early winter. :blink:

Rob, You have done a ton of work there. It's a great and historic area, great fishery, nice people (on the NY side) stay if you can. There is more to life than being a pro fisherman.

Don't take that the wrong way, if that is your goal in life go for it. But don't throw away what you have to chase a pot of gold that you may or may not catch. If you get a chance talk to Greg this week and get another view of the pro's life, please do so.

Nice job on all the work you've done Rob. It sure didn't look like that 4 years ago when I first saw it.

I saw your realtor and the first thing that popped in my head was "Uncle Rico" from Napolean Dynamite. If you can't sell that house for $165k....get a new realtor.

His contract is up next month and then he's fired. I've got another one lined up that wants to work for the money.

Latest posts

Back