Brake fluid replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Durham

Reaction score
How often should I be adding brake fluid to my 1999 tracker trailer. Right now it is empty every other trip to my local (7 miles) lake. Is this normal?:blink:

You shouldn't be losing any fluid!!!....If you're re-filling every other trip...you have a major leak somewhere!!:blink: Check all the couplings and fittings and retighten them...you've got a loose one somewhere!!

Mac

Yep, you got a leak somewhere and your brakes most likley arent working at all. In addition to what Mac mentioned I would also look at the wheel cylinders(drums) or calipers(disk) and also the master cylinder and anti reverse valve.

If you're loosing that much fluid that fast it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Harpo

Fill it and then pump the brakes in the driveway. Then go look for the puddle under the trailer. Should be pretty obvious if you're losing that much fluid that fast. Also be sure that once you fix it, you bleed the line to get any air bubbles out so the brakes work properly. You may not notice it on a trailer, but if they're not working right, your truck brakes are doing ALL the work.

Thanks for the info all, this is the 1st time in a couple days since I have been around here. Piece of wood in my eye and blinded for a couple days.

Latest posts

Back