Bouncing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Figueroa

Reaction score
Any ideas as to why if my 2005 nitro is planed out and running great, i trim up the motor to not cut such a big wake and the boat starts hopping like i am hitting waves, but there are none. Thanks for the help! Figgz

if your planed out, why would you trim the motor up? You'll start to chine walk then. Trim the motor down to drop the front down, to cut thru the waves. Just my .02 worth. Thats what i would do.

+1 porpoising once you get on plane you can still trim up to gain speed and a better ride but theres a point that theres too much trim and its a little different with each boat. I generally trim till i quit gaining speed then back down a smidge to keep from blowin out the prop on a turn. A trim gauge can be of help but after some experience you wont need it much.

I agree with Dan. Yes, you trim up and you'll feel the boat just set you back in the seat, but then you go too far and it will chine walk. Theres that fine line that comes with time behind the wheel.

Chine walk is when the boat loses stability from the pad actually sways left to right (chine to chine)

Porpoising is when the boat basically is trying to fin a flat plane area and is like a rollercoaster, not side to side. Trimming in will stop porpoising but sacrifice speed and other handling charateristics.

High speed chine walking on the other hand results in increase sphincter activity!

Latest posts

Back