Bought a Bay Stealth

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Fruge

Reaction score
I know its been a while since I have posted so to those of you who remember me I appolagize for being a stanger.

Yesterday, I took took a leap of faith and purchased a 2001 VIP Bay Stealth 1880. I have been looking for something like this for about 3 years. I sold my Tracker last fall in hopes of finding a deal like this. So I am no longer a tracker owner and even worse, I am no longer a TIN man.

I haven't been able to run the boat, and I may have to wait a few days due to the oncoming bad weather that we are going to get today.

Don't hate me for leaving tracker, I actually missed an awsome deal on a 19 foot kenner about 4 weeks ago. It was just bad timing.

If anyone has any experience with the Bay Stealth I would love to hear your thoughts good or bad.

Wolf :D

p1204072283105111.jpg

Wolf - Congrats on the new boat. Just 'cause it isn't a Tracker/Nitro doesn't mean you can't come and visit us on the board. We will, or course, make fun of you but that's just part of this great board. Enjoy the new toy!

Wolf, That is a popular boat here on the Gulf Coast so it must be a good rig cause if it wasn't, ya wouldn't see many and I see a lot of em. Great for open water fishing, bays , lakes and gulf. I had a similar boat (Cobia) with a 115 yamaha a few years ago but went to the PT175 for the type of inside marsh fishing I like. You should enjoy it.....kenny

Great boat, Wolf... That's the type I'll be getting when I retire in a couple of years. Here in south La. there is more salt than freah water.

Barry from La.:)

Bill, I have seen first hand just how brutle the board can get......bring it on. just kidding

Kenny, we live a little over an hour from the coast and can be on some of the best salt water fishing in the world with just a short drive. I have always wanted to take advantage of that but wasn't very well equiped for it. Now I can catch specks and reds and still go bream fishing around the house with the kids if we want to. We have a camper and always take the boat with us when we go so this will allow the whole family to be in the boat comfortably for longer periods of time, whether it be fishing, tubbing, or joy riding.

Isn't Glass considered the "Dark Side"?

Wolf

Where ya at Harpo? :p

Hey Donald, I just noticed it was you posting. Great looking boat! I bet you could still catch a few on Fork with that rig. I'm ready whenever you are.

Sorry I haven't been in touch. I lost your e-address when my hard drive got smoked back before Christmas. Is the one on your profile still current?

Good to hear from you. I think of you often.

Harpo

Nice looking rig! :)

I sold my PT175 recently, and even though I don't post much they haven't booted me yet :unsure: :)

The dark side depends on which side of the tin vs glass debate you're on. :D Bass love sparkles! :wub:

Gene

I have wanted a by style boat for a long time for here on the great lakes. They just dont make one witha bass boat style fron deck (dont need the carpet, just the storage)....

I like the fact that the largest muscles of your body (your legs) are taking the beating of boat traffic/waves instead of your back.

Wolf, Do you have your Louisiana license? If so, they are starting to catch huge specks around the twin spans in Lake Ponchatrain. Your new boat would be perfect for that type of fishing and it is a short boat ride from the launch. I can get you more details if needed, email me if so....kenny

Sooner, my e-mail address is the same as in my profile. we were talking about you and Andy the other night. we were eating boiled crawfish and debating about whether you ate any or not at lake fork. We also comented on how many Andy ate. How bout them Tigers! We thought your sooners were going to edge us out of the running there towards the end.

Maybe next time.

Mini, storage was one of my concerns after selling my 18 tracker which had enough room to hide several bodies if I needed to. LOL This rig has enough storage to get me by. I just wont be able to keep every thing I could possibly need in the boat at all times.

Kenny,

Have license will travel........Actually I am pretty booked up the next 4 weeks with two weddings, a first communion, and baseball/softball, but I plan on hitting the water every chance I get later this spring and through the summer. I will keep you in mind when I am ready to make a road trip. Ponchatrain is about 2 1/2 hours for me. I can hit big lake and or vermillion bay within an hour.

I sat in the boat under the garage last night and made vrooom vroom noises for about 20 minutes........had to stop b/c of gas prices....HeHeHe!

Have a nice day everyone,

Wolf

we were eating boiled crawfish and debating about whether you ate any or not at lake fork. We also comented on how many Andy ate.

Heck yeah, I ate more than my share.... I was afraid that I was going to wear out my welcome because I ate so many.:lol: One of the best times of my life. Anytime you guys are heading back to Fork and you have room I'm up for it. I got a new boat too you know?

I thought you had eaten a bunch. We talk about those ribs and bbq sauce all the time.

I haven't been back to Fork since that trip, I am going to try to go this year if my schedule allows it. All of the others have been going two or three times a year. We don't have access to that camp anymore so we relocated to another guest house that is further south.

I read about your new boat when you got it. I was really excited for you. The super soakers were fun though, you have to admit!

Wolf :lol:

Welcome back Wolfcount even though you HAVE gone over to the Dark Side.:p

I was looking at a center console last year and lack of storage is one of the things I noticed..I thought it strange that my PT-17 had more room.

Stop being a stranger and be sure to let us know how your new rig does when you get her out. It's a very nice looking rig by the way. It looks very clean!

Uncle Billy

Cool boat. We had a Bay Stealth dealer about five miles from the house for a number of years. Used to drool at the cool boats as I went by on the way to the highway. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your tastes), it's an adult novelties store now.

Definitely a swiss army knife type of fishing boat, which I like. I'm really interested to read what you have to say as you gain some experience with the boat.

Congrats and enjoy!

Yeah those ribs were goooood. They were from Bob's BBQ in Ada, OK. World famous. I've got a new favorite place closer to home.... George's Happy Hog. It's right next door to a halfway house so you know they got some good BBQ. I'm always up for a trip to Fork. You send the invitation and I'll bring the ribs... I might even find a bottle or two of wine.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back