Boat Shopping - Price Range

• Thread starter C C [URL]http://www.nitroowners.com/shared/msgboar
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C C

Reaction score
I had a guy look at my boat this weekend, he spent 30 minutes going over it, then told me he wished he had the money to buy the boat but couldn't afford that much right now. He said he wanted to see the fish & ski and see if the front deck was really as big as advertised. Yup it is. He left with a heavy sigh, I could see he really wanted it but knew it was more then he was willing or able to spend.

This leaves me wondering why do people do this to themselves? Drive 40 minutes to look at something you know you can't afford? Am I being naive maybe he was expecting me to drop the price?

I have 3 weeks before it gets wrapped up and put away for the winter.

Cass :rolleyes:
http://www.nitroowners.com/shared/m...38608&REPLYCOUNT=11&LAST=9/14/2005_8:02:13_PM

That's simply wrong on his part. If he wants to make an offer, even a low one, fine. But to just leave after looking it over and saying he can't afford it...wrong! Abuse of your time.

That's one reason that salesmen have a bad rep. Many people who are shopping over their heads can be sold if given the right amount of pressure and can also afford it if they want to. Back when I sold cars I have to say I was quit good at the "soft sell". Many people bought from me because I didn't pressure them but instead led them through a decision making process with gentle persistance. Most salespeople aren't smooth enough to accomplish this so they drop the hammer on everybody.

HOWEVER, I could turn into a medieval torture device, if I got someone who was just wanting to waste my time .

Harpo

Whew, I thought maybe I was off on the whole thing thanks for the input. I know the boat is priced right, I saw one listed on boat trader for $22500 and it only had a 115EFI motor and no other goodies.

Harpo, sounds like I need to send it to you to sell. :D

Need to send mine to him also..I ran the heck out of it this weekend..treated It like a ski boat no fishing..Kids had a great time..I deleted all the picks I took.darn It....I wish It was gone..I think it will sell this fall or early spring..Good luck Cass......JR

Thanks Jr, same to you. Maybe you should pick up my boat after you sell yours. :)

Cass :D

WTF !!!

I tried so hard to get you to sell that perty boat and you said Nah, gonna keep it. Fickle women! Of course that's coming from someone who's had 3 boats in 4 years and 6 suv's in 4 years. :D

Wish I would have seen that coming although I am very happy with the Triton. Not one problem since I bought it!

Sure.....Y'all go ahead and send them Rangers on down here and I'll sell 'em. May take a year or so, so I'll need some cash for gas for test drives and such. No problem....happy to help.;)

Harpo

Teri, Glad to hear you still like the Triton, if the Ranger is still for sale in the spring who knows what you will be looking to buy. LOL

Harpo, too bad you are so far away or I would bring it your way. I am headed to NC in January for a vacation so who knows, if I find buyer I might be hauling it South.

Cass :D

Cass - I had one guy come look at my tracker last week, we test drove it, haggled on price and he said he'd come by 5pm the next night with cash!

He calls around 1pm the next day and says "My wife told me I can't buy it till spring"!!! LOL

And I thought I was whipped!!! LOL

Okay, it's one thing to do that at a dealership, but to do it to a person at home? That's just wrong.

Why it's okay at the dealership... cuz the salesguy is already there, and the dealerships WANT people to come in (you can't sell to someone who ain't there). Granted, at least at a dealership, you can admit that you're just kicking tires and wasting time (your own, they choose whether or not to waste theirs with you). You should have sent him to Bass Pro. However, maybe he's trying to figure out how he can afford it.

Latest posts

Back