Boat selling on EBay

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Morning again,

Well, I am in the boat selling market for sure now. I am going to buy Cecils 896. BUT, I need to sell the other boat. Has anyone sold a boat on EBay? I had a buddy sell one pretty painless there and I was looking for other opinions on selling a boat through them. Does it cost me anything to sell through them? Any advise will be appreciated.

Off to go on the River and see what is shaking!!!!

Carlos

Funny, my answering machine must not be working.....Carlos is going to the river and I didn't get a call........LOL

TOXIC

I've never sold a boat on EBay but one thing i have noticed from watching boat and car auctions is that a lot of them are pulled early and sold privately. Prospective buyers see the boats on EBay and contact the seller and make a private deal. I wouldn't think EBay would care much for this but it seems to be what happens. I think it is fairly costly to sell a big ticket item on EBay. There is a formula on the site that will tell you what the fee percentages are to sell items. Good Luck, Hutch

Actually, I think for VEHICLES, the fee is only a listing fee. It's like $25 if memory serves, but it's been a few years since I was interested in trying that method. I've never followed-through with it.

Tox,

And I even went bymyself..I thought you had clients today??????????? Man, I am sorry!!!!! I did catch 2 todaya nd finally hit the 4lber for the bet..too bad it is like 3 weeks late!!!!!!

Hutch, thanks for the info. I may just put it in the paper here and hope for the best....

Mike, thanks and I will check on it. if there is a fee I think I will just pass.

Carlls

That's ok Carlos...just ribbin ya. I had to rig my charger and my transducer. You read the report. Did the transducer yesterday by pullin my jeep up to the boat and spreading a tarp over the back of the jeep and the front butt seat of the boat. Also torqued down the TM a little more. My jacknuts were lose. Leave it alone guys, leave it alone!! By the way, the clients I took into that little honeyhole Thursday blanked!! We got on them in other places (I got a pumpkinseed on a buzz bait, LOL).

TOXIC

Hi Carlos,

I sold my TX-17 on E-Bay in October of last year, when all was said and done it cost me $83.00, be real discriptive about whats on the boat as far as length, transom width, electronics, if it's garage kept, carpets and seats in good shape, I set a reserve on mine so I didn't get burned and ended up selling it for $300.00 more than I wanted. I had a real good experience but I heard some real horror stories.

Good Luck

Bill

Carlos,

I bought a boat on eBay, then sold that same boat on eBay a copuple of years later. It does cost you money - I think it was $50.00 listing fee and then a percentage of the selling price. You can get the prices from the eBay web page. One thing to be sure and do is be painfully discriptive - especially of the little faults and dings. Look at some of the other ads for bass boats to get some ideas and make surre to say that the buyer is responsible for picking up the boat. Good luck.

my father sold his Boston Whaler on ebay...I think he got about 30% more than he expected to get. He was very pleased with the deal.

Back