boat seat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Wartman

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have a good way to re fasten the seat base to the floor of a 2004 288 nitro sport? The bolts have come out of the base and I cannot get between the floor and the hull of the boat to get a nut on the bolts. The ski compartment will not let me access the base from underneath the floor? Any help is appreciated. Thanks:wacko:

Weird, I have the same boat and had the same problem. I had to actually cut off 2 bolts as they just spun freely, not tightening nor loosening. So what I did was two-fold. Firstly, I used some fibreglass cloth and liquid and filled in the holes as tightly as I could. Next I drilled 4 new holes in the base of the seat bracket itself and in the floor, making sure these 4 new holes lined up. Once the fibreglass was fully cured I drilled pilot holes and readied the seat bracket to be refastend. Next, I used butterfly or toggle bolts (not stainless though as I couldn't find any) and using really long bolt, fastened the seat bracket to the floor using the new holes. Then I used some new self tapping stainless screws and secured the bracket to the repaired fibreglass holes. All totaled this took me about 2 hours and has held up for the last year. The passenger seat is the one repaired and it's seen its share of heavy hitters sitting in it. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back