Boat listed in Swap N Sell - 95 Stratos - SOLD!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Put the boat up for sale in several places. Details available in Swap-N-Sell.

Listed on Craigslist Friday night at 10:00PM. Buyer showed up Sat. Morning and gave us a check. He'll be back on Monday after he goes to his Credit Union, to pick it up.

Tex

Well, I think several things happened on this. One, there are far too many boats out there that are older that are not in good shape - and asking far too much for. Two, I really thought that I had it priced where it should be to sell. I really didn't see much need in listing it at a higher price, and then have people try and negotiate down.

I thought that I asked a fair price, and someone is getting a very serviceable boat for a fair price. His comments on Saturday were that he had looked at 20-25 boats, and by far, this one was the best in terms of both price and quality. It goes home with him this evening.

Tex

The only bad decision that I made is that the ad on BoatTraders.com had just gone 'live' on Friday, and I now need to take it down. I sold mine through Craigslist.

Tex

I had to post it twice. The first time I posted it, it showed in my 'account list' as active, but it never showed up when looking for it (I had several other friends try to find it). So, I deleted it, waited 24 hours and then reposted it. Went through fine that time.

This time, dealing with Craigslist wasn't too bad, but like many others out there, it brings the wierdo's to the party also.

One guy wrote me with the following (I was asking $4,650 for the boat).

'I have $3,000 cash that I'll give you for the boat today!'

My reply:

'You are about $1,650 short, and I'm selling it - not giving it away'.

Tex

Great job Tex - I had a similar situation with my Tracker a few years ago, paid for Boattraderonline add and it sold in a few days via posting on the 'free' boards. Heck, my Nitro sold while I was in China, just being on this site!!

Well, I watched my boat being pulled away from the house for the last time last night. The young man who bought it was very nice and really into bass fishing. He was very excited to get it, and I took him from the bow to the stern going over everything. Since he saw it on Sat. (while I wasn't there), he hadn't seen it run yet. I had him prime the bulb and then put in the key (after of course hooking up the cuffs). Took all about 4 seconds for it to crank. You should have seen the look on his face.

Talk about an ear to ear grin.

Anyway, I'm on the bank now with Trep and Toxic and not at all sad that the boat is now somewhere else. When I retire in a few years (I hope), might get another one.

By the way, I pointed him here, so we might get a new member soon.

Tex

Latest posts

Back