Bimini Top Pictures

• Thread starter David Hunt [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/43
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hunt

Reaction score
Here a few pictures of my bimini top that I've had for over two years. It is from Carver Industries and is made out of Sunbrella fabric.

david.....
2003_0804_BiminiTop.JPG

Great looking David. Any preventative/annual maintenance on the top? Armour all? What do you clean it with? Mine is vinyl.

I realy like the slide on that top, lookes to makes it easy to adjust as the sun moves.

Mine came with plastic tie clips, I like your stainless ones, need to add that to my shopping list on my next BPS trip.

Trepper,

I got the boot and the boat is undercover most of the time. I perform zero maintenance on it. When not on the boat, the bimini top is either in the basement or in the boathouse.

I've been trying to get the ladder picture to post, but the file is corrupt or something. Will try to get it posted later. You can look at it in my library though.

david...

David,

I checked out your pics. Nice boathouse! It looks like it's built better than my house!

Bob G.

Nice! I have a 2001 Deep V 17. What year is yours? Any problems with the carpeting on the bow around the front storage bins? Also did you mount the fishfinder up there as well? if so how big of a job???

Thanks,

Kevin

Hey Dave...Why is your boat registered in MO? Your place is in VA and you live in MD......Are you tryin to pay taxes in all states?

TOXIC

Toxic,

Registered in MD. Not Missouri It leaves VA for short durations. I'd own property in MD if they had a lake as warm as Anna, but Deep Creek is a long haul and is way too cold for the kids to play in.

Kevin,

Mine is a 2000 year model. I think they changed the design from 2000 to 2001. Does your's have the same layout in the front as mine? No problems with the carpet in the bow area. Does your have problems there? The depthsounder install wasn't difficult. A pigtail for power was already there (a pleasant surprise). The transducer is hooked up to the trolling motor. I originally rigged it to the transducer on the stearn until I got my Garmin mounted on the helm. It was a pain running the tranducer cable from the back to the front as there was about 2" of extra cable left when I was done and getting it around one part of the gunnel near the front was a real tight fit.

Now it feels like there are lots of wires on the deck because of the transducer cable, the foot control cable, and the power plug for the trolling motor. I do have to be careful lifting the trolling motor to avoid damaging the cable or transducer.

Anybody out there have pictures of how they run their transducer cable ono the trolling motor?? I would love to see a better way of doing it.

thanks,

david....

David - It looks like from your pictures that transducer cable does along the line from the foot pedal, to the motor head and down the shaft, that is how I did mine and have not seen any other way to do it. I also ran the cable down the length of the trolling motor wire that goes to the plug and mounted my Fishfinder very close to the bow accessory panel, so it all stays out of the way.

Oh, and cut the long extra lengths off those black cable ties!!! LOL

I guess I do have to get around to cutting those ties off. At least I had black ones in stock. I wanted to make sure the cables were in the right spot before they got trimmed.

david...

David, We are looking to add a bimini top as the first accessory,(first holes drilled) to our new Pro Deep V-16. What height and length did you go with and did you order yours direct from Carver or did you get it from another marine dealer or online?

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

It is a 6'0 length, sunbrella fabric, with the cool mounting kit, and the boot. Ordered it online. cost about $265 plus the slide rail kit. I thought the web page was a bit confusing. I don't remember the height, but it depends on the inside depth of the boat also.

good luck,

david.....
http://www.websweeper.com/php/boat/bc-bim.php

David,

Pretty much the same layout. Yeh my carpet is wearing big time round the compartments. It's only a 2001. Not sure what the warranty is on it. I really should check. Did you splice into the trolling motor recepticle where it plugs in? True on the wires.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

I'm not sure what you mean by did I splice into the trolling motor recepticle. The ducer cable simply runs up onto the deck and runs into the Hbird. the power and temp connections for the Hbird come up through the bow cover plates. Does that answer your question?

david....

Hey David...I went to the website, must be me...I can't find tracker on their boat list...do you remember how you ordered...looks pretty nice.

Thanks, Steve

Steve,

It's been two years since I ordered, but just find the make of Bass Tracker boat and then pick your boat from the drop down list. I remember it not being a super-user friendly web site. I did call them at one point and they went the extra mile with me to get it right, so I was impressed with their phone reps. You should just give them a call. You will need to know the beam width where you will be attaching the top. They are usually sold in a range of widths - don't worry about that as you can simply bow the legs in or out an inch or two to install it. Again- measure the beam width where you think you will be attaching the top. I ordered the slide mount kit after I first installed the top permanently because I discovered that when folded the top was not where I wanted it to be. The slide allows me to move it back and forth to where I want it.

david....

David,

Was thinking the power for it. I have a h-bird with temp/speed on the cosole, could they both share one or do you need seperate ones and 'ducers?

Latest posts

Back