Bill, Tox, CIII and others in MD, here's my availability...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys - talked to the wife and sister-in-law for next week's trip. We're leaving here (Atlanta) this Friday afternoon for th 2 day drive up to Gambrills, MD. Right now i'll be free the Late afternoons of Tues, Wed and Thurs (June 1, 2, 3). I can probably free up to leave Gambrills by 4pm, and we can fish till dark or later depending on your availability.

Anyone free those days? I'm good for bass, crappie, saltwater or anything else that bites back!!! LOL

You bite me; I'll bite you!
Hava%20Nageela%20Hava%20Nageela%20Vay%20Mismacha.jpg

HAAH No way JR, not the great Trepper HAHAHAHAHA

I am off all day Monday and I think a half day on Tuesday.

Found out there is a local TX here on Wednesdays from Hope Springs.

How far away is Gambrels MD from our area Tox?

Carlos

Great, I am pretty sure I am free on any of those days.

Short fishing time probably limits where or how far we can travel to fish but let's see what Carlos or Toxic can maybe come up with.

Bill

Bill,

Agree, After the long weekend, I am not going to be able to take leave or scam out of work, but maybe we can meet on the River or something. Tox, you can stop by here on the way home from work and we can run in my boat. Tims River Shore cafe would be fun to go to in the boats.

Remember, Trep is talking after 4, + however long it takes us to meet.......I figure we would have a good 1/2 hour on the water...LOL!!

or am I missing something?

TOXIC

You may be right, but it will be a fun 1/2 hour!!!!! Plus a few drink from Tims!!!

Carlos

NUTS,

I just remembered. I have Battalion duty on Tuesday. I may be able to play some on Wendesday if I get the next 1/2 day off after duty.

Carlos

Well, it seems that Trep is a lot closer to me so maybe I can come up with something. I know of one small lake about 35 minutes away that should be pretty good for evening fishing.

Also, and this is long but?!?!?!? I have fished South River off the Chespeake Bay for years, usually for White Perch and the occasional Striper when I didn't have a lot of time to go Bass fishing. The ramp is right across the street from my house. Anyway, at a neighbor's party this past Saturday night, one of my neighbors told me he caught three Bass the other day in Broad Creek, off South River and about a mile from my house.

Now, I have fished that river my whole life, with Bass lures like smaller Rattle Traps and Big O's, and small spinnerbaits and have NEVER caught a Bass though I have heard these stories before. I immediately told my neighbor he was crazy (very diplomatic) and the subject was dropped.

Dropped until this morning anyway when I launched the boat at 7 a.m. with my brother. I ran to Broad Creek and started Bass fishing. My brother was using smaller lures and I went with the bigger versions. After catching a mess of White Perch I had a hit that I knew was a Bass. It was only about a 1 pounder but jumped a number of times and threw the hook. My brother insisted it wasn't a Bass and we were seeing things. After fishing that creek for another hour or so I gave up and went back to Warehouse Creek, where I live. Right at the beach, swimming area, throwing a larger RattleTrap, I hooked a two pound Bass, followed right away by my brother hooking one and then I caught another about 6 inches long. I could throw a long cast from my house for these:) I have been dreaming of this for years and while I know that it's not a very stable Bass population, I was somewhat giddy over it.

I don't know what all of you had for dinner tonight but I went and visited my neighbor and had a large portion of Crow...

Maybe we can try that Trep.. I'm game for anything.

Bill

Bill - I'm game for anything! If the distance and afternoon timeline doesn't let us play withTox and CIII, i'll live (at least I get to fish out of TIN!!!) I'd love to meet all of you but with this compresses trip and having to WORK from my Sister-in-law's place next week, not a lot of flexibility with already booked conference calls. I was figuring with daylight going till 8-8:30, we'd get 3 hours or so on the water?? If we put in around 5pm somewhere? If it works out better for Bill and I to fish locally for longer, i'm up for it too!

Someone just tell me what kind of gear to bring so I don't have to tell Beka her stuff and the Kids stays home so I can bring ALL my fishing gear!!! LOL

Well, if you're going with Toxic you only need a rod and some Senko's:)

Bring your favorite rod, or rods, and whatever you like to use. If running the river, I like everyone to wear a vest and my extra one is coming apart as I found out this morning. If we fish that small lake, I'll only use the motor to get on and off the trailer.

Bill

I'll bring my vest, will put it in the van now!

Real quick. I have duty Wednesday not Tuesday. I looked at my calendar here at work. Any ideas??

Carlos

I don't see it happening for me unless we just want to meet for dinner or beverages somewhere. It's a good 2 hours to get up there....

TOXIC

Tox - I'm good but i wouldn't drive 2 hours to fish on hour with me!!! LOL

Shoot man, I was to try and meet up with the GREAT nd famous trepper!!!! May not work out, that sucks :-(

I am in for dinner and maybe drinks or somehting.

Carlos

Maybe "King Tin" and "Squire Tin" can meet to fish one evening and if he is free another evening we could ALL meet for some adult beverages and food?

Bill

Soudns good, how about Tims River Shore cafe? Or is that too far South?

Tox, bring a change of clotes and you can leave from here and stay the night!!

Carlos

Can we bring Mrs. Tin and the Tinsters for dinner and beer? That way SHE can drive home!!! LOL

Ok, just where is Tims River Shore Cafe? AND what is the vote for family participation?

Sounds good to me if not too far because Mrs. Tin can also drive me home, HA HA.... Squire Tin always goes with King Tin:)

Bill

No the Tinsters don't even like Root BEER! But they CAN drink Lemonade and Sprite!!! LOL

Littlest Tinster helped me this morning bottle my latest 2 batches (Kolsh and Stout, not mixed !!! LOL)

Bill - Don't have a lot of room in the van with the kids and dogs along with 10 days worth of luggage, and only have spinning rods that are 2 piece, so i'm brining 2 combo's and my tackle boxes in one bad, easy to carry/boat.