Best Tube Weight Method?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawgFish 65

Reaction score
Hey all...question about rigging a tube. I've been using insert weights with my 4" flippin' tubes, but am finding this to become slightly burdensome (trying to get the hook back thru the hole in the weight is sorta tricky). Prefer to fish this size of tube T-rigged, as my home waters are rather *snaggy*. Should I go to the bullet style slip sinkers, or is there something else out there to simplify my non-fish-catching experiences?

Thanks....

Mike

If you're t-rigging, just peg the weight outside of the tube.

I think, Gambler weights makes a Bullet weight with a rubber stopper biult into it for pegging.

I prefer inside tube weights myself, but I usually fish them for smallies, the inside makes them sprial down like a craw dad.

Clear water, no rattles.....really muddy water, I don't generally use a tube but If i did rattles might help. :D

If I fishing a crawdad color I like the bullet weight pegged on the nose so the tube stands tails up but when I'm fishing a tube with a shad or bluegill color I prefer to use the Lindy or XPS internal weights so they'll sprial down like a little fishy.
74049.jpg

I've also tried the Owner Phantom tube weights...great idea that doesn't work. Problem with them is, everytime you need to change tubes for whatever reason you have to cut off and re-tie....this becomes a real PIA.

72208-t.jpg

Harpo

I like Woo's tube weights. I pinch about a 1/4" off and put it inside the tube, then run the hook thru the end of the tube and out the side, turn it and bury the point inside the tube so it's weedless. You can adjust the fall rate by using bigger or smaller pieces of the tube weight.

Gene

I'm with Gene...Woo's weights work for me!

If I don't use one of Woo's, I rig texas and let the weight slide...i like the extra action the tube has when NOT pegged...

az

Gambler makes a weight I like. The Florida screw in. Or I will peg the tube with a toothpick or rubber insert. You can buy a kit for these @ BPS. It comes with an insertion tool. I am liking the Tungsten weights the more I use them and with these you have to use the rubber insert method.

Mini

I am NOT a great catcherman, but i've used the bullet Shot instead of pegging or florida weights, have not had a problem with line breakage:

WGBSBSS.JPG

Thanks for all the hints everybody. Looks like there are quite a few good-looking options out there. Time to break out the Bass Pro gift card.

Latest posts

Back