Beginner Instructions for Fishfinder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rustige

Reaction score
I need some beginners advice. I have a Lowrance LCX-15MT fishfinder. The transducer is mounted on the transom. I understand this is quite a good unit, and I downloaded the simulator software to help me learn the functions.

The unit is working just fine, but I don't know what the heck I'm looking at. What should I be looking for? How do you learn to read and operate a unit like this? If you were sitting next to me looking at the screen, what would you tell me to pay attention to?

And don't tell me jacknut signals.

It is an AWESOME unit...check out their website for some helpful info...I'm sure others here on the board will help you out.

This is a perfect example of "a picture is worth a 1000 jack nuts" ,.....do you have the owners manual that came with the unit??,.....that will show you exactly what to look for and what each or your screens is showing you,........to try and describe all of that in a post here would be too lengthy. Your simulator software should also fully explain each function and also describe what you're options are and what you're looking at,........Lowrance units are AWESOME,...the Best in my opinion,.....I have an X-85 on my bow,....an LMS160 GPS on my console and a 1240A in-dash flasher,......primo units!!!

It might be easier for you to come back and ask us specific questions after you've used the simulator and read the manual.....you'll also have a better idea of exactly what to ask....try that approach first.

Good luck,...you'll love that unit!! (I want one!!..LOL)

Mac

John, it's worthless. fuhgetabout it, and send it to me to review! I'll send you a nice 200DX 'bird to use until I get it working right! LOL Should only take a couple of years or so.

most eagle or lowrance manuals say to learn how to use it just start pushing buttons. if you get lost just turn it off and back on and it will clear everything you just messed up.after a while you will find out which features you will use the most. which are usually are just a few. also if you like to use the fish alarm. you can put a band-aid over the speaker to get the volumn even lower. after a while it will drive you nuts. and it is a great unit that you have. thanks stan

Latest posts

Back