Battery hook up.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Ambrose

Reaction score
Got the boat winterized at BPS and noticed they unhooked one of the positive cables on the 24 volt trolling motor batteries. Anyone know the reason for this?

ever seen a boat burned to the trailer axles?stored that way you certainly wont get an unexpected short

I remove all of the batteries when I winterize and store them in my garage.

Don't most guys leave them in the boat, hooked up to their on board charger 24/7/365?

Chris, I'd leave mine hooked up and fish if I lived in Tennessee!!

I read on another post that you shouldn't leave your charger plugged in when you have the cover on the boat.

Did not think about the location in the scheme of things Bob. Very valid point, I do use mine to crappie fish during the winter. When you store them do you hook them to any kind of trickle charge or just charge them from time to time during the winter? Chuck, I have my on board charger on with the cover installed. I have no choice, no garage to keep my rig in so it always sets outside. I do leave the back deck lid open to allow air flow. :)

I charged the batteries before I removed them and I'll charge them once or twice during winter. My boat doesn't fit in my regular garages and sits in a portable type garage, out of the weather, but temps are the same as outside. I drain all water out of the motor and speedo/water pressure lines.

Latest posts

Back