Battery charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Rife

Reaction score
Guy's Is the Minn Kota on-board 2 bank 5 AMPS per bank a good charger?

Also I have a extra 12Volt Deep Cycle Identical to whats on my trolling motor I was gonna hook parelell to give me more on the water trolling time your thoughts on that.

I have one of the Minn Kota 2 bank 5 amps per bank chargers. Haven't had it too long, but seems like it will do the job. I like the fact, I can make sure both batteries are ready when get ready to go to the lake.

Ed...I think mine is an 8 amp and it took a dive last year and now only charges on battery, but haven't done anything about it since it's no trouble for me to hook up my garage charger that is mounted just behind my boat..just thought mine is not a Minn Kota but it is the one that came with boat....think it's a battery tender??

I think it's gonna be ok Mike it fit's nice right beside the cranking battery..Im going to put another Interstate beside the Trolling battery there Identical and I charged both this afternoon and there isnt 1/4 Volt difference in them with a meter check.

Im gonna hook them up parelell should give me more trolling time.I have chargers in my garage also I wanted something for when I go out of town with it that is onboard.

I've had the MK210 in my boat for about 4 years now, and have had no issues with it at all.

This may sound dumb but here goes...Ok I got one bank going to the Cranking Battery and one feeding the Trolling Batteries when Im on the water where it's hooked to both batteries for charging purposes can it draw power from the cranking battery through the charger hook up? Back Feed is what Im saying I guess. If I drain the trolling Batteries it wont pull from the Cranking Battery will it?

If you were to buy new, the best charger is a GUEST. That's what most of us run. I have had one in my boat (3 bank 10a) for 8 years. As a matter of fact it just told me one of my trollers is bad. GUEST is the best.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back