Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Guffey

Reaction score
What type of batteries do ya'll use? I have an NX882 with 67lb? MG and fished a 6 hour tournament this past weekend and batteries were out of juice almost completely by weigh-in. Granted I did have to troll on 5 alot because of wind and current but not the entire time, but I still figure it's about time for new batteries and want to see what everyone is using and performance. Really need batteries that will last for a 10 hour day.

AC Delcos have been the longest lasting batteries I've personally experienced. I've also found the Sears PM series batteries are an equivalent choice that can be caught on sale at times to make them an attractively priced replacement. There are other choices similarly in wet cell designs, but you'll find many of them rolling off the same assembly lines to different retailers specifications to reach a price point. These two I mention are two that have sister configurations under other names as well, but generally higher price tags. Good luck! ;)

I've never found anything to last longer than Interstate batteries.

OK I was thinking interstate as well. Has anyone used the bluetop optima are they good or just overpriced average batteries?

I buy Caterpillar batteries..............prolly cause I get an employee discount :D

Search around. You will find a lot of horror stories on the interstates. I have nothing against them but I went through 3 sets in 2 years and I won't buy them again. Had a starting battery from them that was outstanding but the TM batteries were bad JuJu. AC Delco, Trojan, Deka are what I'm researching right now along with their plain label counterparts. I have an Optima Blue Top in the boat right now but since I've only been out on the water with it once for a 1/2 day, I can't comment.

I have switched to the Bass Pro batteries and have good luck so far.

3 29 series deep cycle, 1 24 series crank and 1 24 series dual purpose.

I purchased the Duracell AGM's from Sams Club. Three year free replacement warranty. No complaints so far. I have a 12v 50lb trolling motor, fished 9hrs the other day with it on 5 all the time. Did a lot of power fishing in some light current. Still strong at the end of the day. Cost is pretty resonable too.

Latest posts

Back