Bass are pigs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetnitro

Reaction score
check this out, this fish was caught with a lead head and grub,

it already had a crawdad in it's mouth, crawdad removed alive,

and released to feed some other bass.

crawdadmuncher.jpg

That is one honking craw--or one tiny fish. Change colors or realize that color exactness is not a priority?

i started throwing a red crank bait after seeing the craw dad, and was whacking 'em.

Funny thing...

At Dale Hollow about 10 years ago I had heard of guys just tearin' em' up on red crank baits.

At that time..I had hardly any red cranks but, soon learned that the crawfish there go thru some sort of color change in early spring from green to red.

Lo and behold when my wife caught a nice smallie that had a red craw with blue pinchers stickin' out of it's mouth...convinced me.

Now I don't make a trip without red cranks and jigs.:cool:

Here's a good example of two pigs caught at the same time that had been gorging on craws..

Pic8.jpg

I caught a nice bass @ the BFL Piedmont on 3/3 @ Buggs that had a huge crawdad still alive in it's mouth. When I removed the crankbait it ate my partner pulled the crawdad out, but we put it back for the extra ounces, seriously it was not in the live well at weigh in time. He finished it during the day!!

Back