BANDIT and Manns Baby Minus-1&4

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Ok, so this topic has been beaten to death lately.

I have a question on theses lures. Do they float up when you stop retreiving the lure?

I will be getting some for this weekend and prefer jerk baits and crankbaits that float up when you stop reeling them in.

Has anyone used the footloose model of the BANDIT. Is it a subsurface lure like the original Floating Rapala?

Thanks,

Chris

I've always liked the sub-surface style of crankbaits. I usually prefer Mann's Baby Minus 1 and Storm Sub-Wart. If those aren't cutting the mustard I'll go to a Minus 4 or a Norman Mad N. I wasn't familiar with the Bandit Footloose so I looked it up. I looks like the others in this style of bait. I'm sure it's a floater too.

Here's a link to the Bandit Footloose site.

Harpo
http://www.banditlures.com/whatsnew.asp

I now that the Spitz(chrome) is a good topwater from Bandit...just started using it and has a great "walk the dog" action and spits water:)

If not sure, take your lures to the sink and check them out. Especially good practice for those lures that are supposed to 'suspend'. The bandits should float up.

Tex

Baby1- is my number one crankbait. It definately floats back up. Sometimes I will use a snap swivel if I want to quick change colors or dpeths and it will even float up with swivel tied on.

Thanks everybody,

Downstream - I use snap swivels almost all the time as well, especially on my crankbait/jerkbait rod, I think we would be the minority on this since most people think they are a big no-no, but at the rate of times I change lures I would be spending way to much time re-tying over and over again.

instead of snap swivels try norman speed clips, i prefer them because they are smaller and still easy to change and do not alter the action at all.

mike

I'll Chime in on this one...I just fished the BASS Open on the Cal Delta and my nonboater and I were both using subsurface lures he was using the Manns Baby 1- and I was using the Footloose, they were both about the same color and about the same size.

Here were the noticable differances to me:

1. The Baby 1- went a little deeper and hung in the grass more often requiring more cleaning.

2. They both caught fish the but the Footloose caught 2 to 1 as far as numbers of fish.

3. He lost more fish on the Baby 1-, the footloose comes with tripple grip hooks.

4. the footloose had a wider wable and louder rattle.

That's what I noticed for the day. I know that both lures catch fish so buy one of each and decide for you self.

(Disclamer-"I caught a bunch of fish for the week I just didn't get any big bites")

Rip Lips,

GregG

Thanks for the report, and glad to see you still visit occasionally.

Will you be in Charlotte for the Classic, in any capacity?

Tex

Greg is right about the hooks on the minus 1, that's why I change them to Dalichi bleeding bait trebles or Gammi's.

The Bandit Footloose sounds a lot like a Storm Sub-Wart another one of my favorites. Caught a +6 lber on one of those one time.

Harpo