Back from Canada! What a trip!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well gang, got back late Sunday night from North-Western Ontario. Been swamped at work ever since! Just a quick post to let you know i'm alive and well. The fishing was great. No trophy's (walleye or pike) but LOTS of both specicies all day everyday. Most of the Walleye were in the 18-22 inch range. We set a dinner slot of 16-18 inches for the few fish we ate each day, that maximized the size/weight. 18.1 inches in the MAX in Ontario you can keep. I think the most fun I had was hooking up a 1/16 oz jig to my 6wt fly rod and in 20-25ft of water hand hauling in 30 walleye in an hour! Man my back hurt!!

Weather was hot the first half (90 degrees EVERY DAY!) and then last half after a cold front came thru on Thurs 60 at night and 75 during the day, PERFECT!

These fish were HUNGRY!! You'll see one picture where a 16inch walleye nailed a HUGE spoon my little one got me, I don't think that walleye could get it in its mouth if it tried!!!

I'll read all the posts when I get a chance, have a lot of work to do before the weekend, so if anyone wants to post a highlight for me - go for it.
walleye%20on%20spoon%20for%20web.jpg

Here is one of the bigger ones. Mac notice the shirt!! I'm sending this one in to the Outpost company for consideration in their brochure, do I need your permisison since i'm wearing a Mr. Crappie shirt??
walleye%20for%20web.jpg

Am I wrong, or is the scale smaller than the slab he caught the first one on?

Mike - YUP, that glass eye'd spoon IS bigger then my digital scale!! When I started trolling that big spoon I was expecting a HUGE Pike, NOT a medium Walleye!

That would have been like me eating a watermelon.... whole!!

Some fish are more ambitious than others. ya, reckon?

Welcome back Trepper!!

Welcome back Trep,glad you had a good trip.

It always amazes me when little fish eat somthing that size,I guess the flash looks like a school of fish and they just slash into it.

I was fishing a tiny torpedo like a buzzbait one day and thought I snagged a leaf.It wasn't until I slapped it off the water a few times and it didn't come loose that I went to pull it off by hand.Then I realized it was about a three inch bass.I felt sad for the poor little bugger,deader than a doornail :(

Steve

Hey Trep!

Did you get to try my "bass bunnies"?? Pike would have slammed those!! Glad you had a great trip!

Carli

Carli - I started with a streamer with shinny stuff and got one nice pike, but as I was trying to take a picture (was in the boat by myself) he made a run and I had my hand too tight on the line and he broke off. I forgot that I had not replaced my 4lb tipet and it broke off. Then tied on a blue rat looking thing got one pike and then the 2nd one ate the tail off the fake fur and left me a hook!! Tied on your bass bunnys but wind picked up and could not cast them :-(

Hey Trep,...welcome back....looks and sounds like you had a great time!! Go ahead and send the pix in,...you don't need anyone's permission,....infact if they print it,..Wally should hook YOU up!! LOL...

Now get back to work....the party's OVER!!! LOLOL!!!

Mac

Trep,

Looks like a really fun time!!!! Like Mac said, too bad when we get finished with fun, we have to go back to work .......

Carlos

I should have sent ya a pink wooley bugger that Scott tied for me!!

Welcome home, Michael!

Carli - He's got his own stache of pink buggers!

Carli/me! - I brought the pink wooley buggers too, just didn't have enough time with light/no wind to try them all!

Mac/Carlos - At least it's a 3 day weekend for me this weekend, so 1 less day of work!

Welcome back, Michael. Glad you had fun and caught fish!

OK, that can't be Trep in those pics. The fish are too big! LOL I really want to go to Canada or MN for one of those walleye trips some day. I'd love to catch eyes like we do smallies here. And I'm sure they want smallies like they get eyes. The old "you always want what you don't have" thing. No big pike on that redeye Trep??? That's a monster pike bait here.

Nice fish, Mr. TrepMan! Glad to see you had so much fun, and that you're back home okay.

Rob - I was surprised as everyone that the Redeye Muskie Lure caught a walleye not a big pike! We trolled it a few more hours and caught more Walleye then pike in 5-10ft of water over weeds.

Tex - you HAD to bring that up didn't you!!! LOL Yes the Jarjar hat lives and breaths!

Latest posts

Back