Babysitting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
Good morning. I hope this type of posting is not inappropriate her. But I figured I'd fly this to the type of people I know and trust.

My wife is trying to begin providing in home child care as a replacement for her full time work as a facility administrator. We want to do this so she can care for our 3 year old daughter who will be starting full pre-school days very soon. We don't want a day care center baby-sitting our baby. If she were able to obtain 2 or 3 kids to care for during the week for working parents, that would be enough to compensate for the income she'd be giving up from work. We need reliable families who want the best and safest care for their kids. She's a wonderful mother and will treat everyone's kids with kindness and respect. We have a safe and comfortable home in Oak Forest on Rob Roy drive. If anyone is interested please feel free to contact me on my cel at 708-212-4992 to discuss. Or pass this on to someone you might know who may be looking for this sort of arrangement.

And BTW- her fee will be less that that of a good day care center and the care and service will be as if the children were being cared for by a close relative. Thanks

Great Todd. Thanks for the help

How are you? still have the 901? I hope everyone is doing well.

Jim,

My $.02

Make sure she gets certified/licensed/etc. in your state. That way people can claim the daycare costs on their taxes. I don't think they can otherwise. It would probably be a good idea to set up a company as well to reduce liability in case something happens.

Good luck. We have one on the way too, but we both make too much money to stay home, but it is tempting to considering the good daycare centers here in Birmingham are $900/month for newborns...

You're right. She wants something like our current set up with our current sitter. They were accuaintances or knew someone who knew that person. She only wants two kids beside our daughter. She's smart and she's aware of all that is and can be entailed. So I'm just trying to help her get some prospects. Thanks

Jim,

My wife did the same thing. Best thing that ever happened to my children. She does not charge and arm and a leg and has the kids busier than any children in the subdivision. They start school ahead of everyone and the parents love it. In fact she has become so popular that she has had doctors, etc offer up to $200.00 a week per child and she refuses if she is not full (4 children). Even if she did take them she wouldn't accept that much .... I would!

She is not licensed and preferrs to only accept our friends children. They can still claim on taxes and she qualifies for section 125 reimbursements. She alays gives out receipts and has an accountant that handles all book keeping.

I couldn't do it! I have ntohing but respect for her. Heck, she puts up with me!

Good luck with it!;)

Randy!

I had a friend that bought a commercial day care as an investment. He told me the liability insurance alone just about ate his lunch. I would think that even a small family friendly home run day care would want to have adequate liability insurance.

Harpo

Ya it's sad in this age that people are so sue happy. One little thing happens and someone can take your house and everything you own.

Harpo and Jason - I was thinking the same thing, what the liability and legal concerns/issues there would be with having someone's kids in your house with you being paid for the job. And yes, agree with Jason it's sad too many folks are so happy to sue and you unfortunetly having to consider that in this process.

Yes Todd, she would get the insurance if she went that route.

Everything at work is just what you'd expect it to be. SOS. But that's OK I guess as long as they aint' fargin' with me I don't care.

I'm glad things are going good for you. Glad you still have the 901.

We should get in touch toward spring. There's this Sunday Morning pick-up style tourney out of Alsip every week. I've been having fun and winning some money with it. You're off the water by 2 o'clock. good fun.

Latest posts

Back