ATTN: Jim Lively

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
O.K. Jim,
I am totally discouraged. I got my new tach and water pressure gauges yesterday, only to find that neither worked. So it isn't the gauges. First question. The tach has power but reads 0. It jumps a little when I turn the ign. key but thats it. How can I identify the sending unit? It's under the flywheel, right? How can I tell if it's working? Next, I followed my water gauge tube back to the block. This gauge doesn't need any power other than for the light right? Anyhow, out of the back and bottom of the block there is about 8" of tube that goes to a Y junction. One end goes to the tube that feeds the gauge the other to please excuse the term, but the "pisser" or pump indicator. That doesn't seem to make sense. How can it build up pressure if there is a release right there? I took the tube for the gauge off at the Y and a small stream came out. Did not seem like enough at all. If I plugged the indicator, the stream for the gauge would increase as I expected. Is my impeller not putting out enough? I could really use your help here as I need to get this boat ready soon and am going out of my mind trying to fix all the little issues. Also, do you know where I can get a service manual? Again the motor is a GT150. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

Latest posts

Back