Anyone want some junk H-Birds!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
My two H-Bird sonar units (not going to call them fish finders anymore) are soon to be replaced. When fishing with a buddy in his boat, I saw more things on the screen of his Lowrance, then I've ever seen before.

On Saturday, I tuned, cajoled, cussed and generally got PO'd at both of my units (std. from Tracker). They show the bottom, and that's about it. Checked everything, including double checking the placement and direction of the transducers.

I'm either going to Lowrance or Garmin. Friend has suggested checking a local tackle shop just up the road (45 minutes away). He said they had been selling some of last year's Lowrance units for half price.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

If you plan on getting ride of the birds, drop me an email, I need extra transducers, we use them for our portables but be lost 2 in Canada due to some nice rocks.

Rod,

Will keep you in mind when the time comes. I'm trying to narrow down which unit(s) (either a Garmin 240 or a Lowrance unit for the main - and a smaller one for the trolling motor) I will purchase. Since I am going to be out on the water over the holiday, and have two tournaments the following weekends, not a high likelyhood that I'll get them purchased and mounted before then.

Tex, I just lost my 2nd Eagle on the bow. One good boat wake, and zip, dead! That's the 2nd one in a month. Both brand new, plus the 3rd one at the console is fogged up. Only 2 months old. Don't know man. I think Garmin is the way to go! But with MY luck.....ya just never know! LOL

Back