Anyone have insurance with Progressive?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morganstern

Reaction score
I am thinking of changing from State Farm to Progressive. Before I seriously consider this, I wanted to see if any of you use them, and, if so, what do you think of them? How are they at handling claims, etc.? They make it sound real good, but it's so much cheaper than my current policy (almost 1/3) that it just makes me wonder.

Thanks for any thoughts/feelings on this,

Larry

I used Progressive some years ago for a motorcycle. I had one claim and it was handled very well.

I also have State Farm now on all my vehicles.

RoyC

I have State Farm insurance on my home, cars and life for over 20 years. I use Progressive on my boat. A lot cheaper and even my State Farm agent told me to use Progressive. FYI, insured my 2002 901 CDX w/200 Optimas for $275 a year. :)

I've got Progressive. They had the lowest rate and my independent agent recommended them for boat insurance. No claims so far, but she said that they handle claims very well.

We have full-replacement insurance on our boat with them, so it tends to be a bit pricier.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with them when I renew the boat insurance and for my projected motorcycle purchase. I knew I could get some good feedback from this board.

Larry

One other thing you can do to get a discount is to take a state approved safety motorcycle course. Progressive gives the discount.

Cass :)

I have progressive, cheaper than any of the others, and supposedly very responsive...

I had Progressive on my motorcycle a few years back, never had a claim but when I moved to MA I changed everything to Liberty Mutual and found the rates to be much cheaper then any other company was offering and the basic coverages are the same.

Cass :)

Latest posts

Back