Any experience with a Stratos 278?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Looking at several boats and options.

Anyone have any knowledge/experience with a Stratos 278?

1995 Model w/150hp Evinrude, dual console, 18' in length?

Stratos has a decent rep currently, but I'm not familiar with their models/quality/etc. from the mid-90's.

Thanks.

Tex

Friend and fellow guide has one with the Fastrike 150 on it. Couldn't tell you about the ride because I've never been in it, but I do know it is fast. He was running low 60's with it without a plate.

Rob,

If I read you correct, he is guiding out of it? If so, that tells me something. Trep is going to check it out for me, since it's just down the road from him.

Thanks.

Tex

Actually he doesn't. He bought a 19' TIN rig with a 90HP to guide from. That way he can take up to 3 clients and it has a walk thru windshield for nasty weather. This is him tourney boat, but he has guided from it ever so often. A lot of our clients are not tourney anglers and really only fish when they come up with us and so are a little nervous in bass boats. They get uncomfortable with the speed and apparent close proximity to the water. If it weren't for my tourney fishing, the perfect guide boat for Champlain would be a 21' Tundra dual console with walk-thru windshield and 50" or even 60" TM. That or a nice Ranger walleye rig. LOL

My last year in team tournament fishing my partner had one. We fished out of it for the entire season as he didn't want to fish out of my Nitro.

It was a very nice boat well laid out and great to fish out of. Very quick.

fatrap

PS My partner went on to open a Stratos Dealership.

Wait Rob - Did I hear "He bought a 19' TIN rig with a 90HP to guide from." and "the perfect guide boat for Champlain would be a 21' Tundra dual console with walk-thru windshield and 50" or even 60" TM."?? 2 TIN rig's YES!!!

Tex, i'm done with calls at noon, if you want to call me afterlunch drop me an email i'll give you my new office number and we can talk.

TT -

I need to talk to you. Please call me on my cell asap. 314-560-0734.

Thanks!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!

Rob said the PERFECT guide boat is TIN! We're one step closer to the END OF THE WORLD!!!!

Tex, I've got a friend with an mid-90s Stratos 27<u><b>4</u></b>, but a 115 Johnson that's been re-built twice. The boat is underpowered with the 115 but you should be fine with a 150. He likes the boat, and its stable, but - alas - he too is trading it in --- for TIN!!!

(Come to the dark side, Tex. Come to the dark side.)

MO - It should be "Don't stray to the Dark Side!!" he's currently driving TIN!!!

Latest posts

Back