911 Cdc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superbird77

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum so thanks for having me. I am in the process of getting a new boat and wanted some advice on Nitro's. I currently have a 2001 Stratos 19SS Dual Console. This has been a absolutely great boat for the 12 years I've owned it. My question is related to the 911 CDC models, I have researched previous threads on this site but wondered if anyone else has insight on this model. Are there certain years that were better than others? How does everyone feel the Nitro's compare in quality to other brands? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your time and letting me join the group.

Welcome Superbird77!

I just purchased my 3rd Nitro boat and I haven't had a bad experience yet in the nearly 20 years of owning a Nitro. I can tell you they certainly improved over time with each one and it seems they are paying attention to what the pro's and owners are saying they'd like to see for changes in the future. As for other brands, I don't have a bad word to say about any of them and I have fished from Rangers, Skeeters, Tritons, Stratos, and Lunds. They all do something different\better than the other to some degree, but with the latest from each I liken them to the Verizon vs Sprint comparison where the difference between them is slim and may not be worth the increase in price.

That said, Nitro boats have been good for me and with the new NVT hulls I feel like they are the best handling boat I have been on. Nitro boats always seem to have these huge casting decks too, which makes it hard for me to buy a different brand based on my own experiences. Of course, I recognize that a few of my friends have similar experiences with their Lund, Skeeter and Ranger boats and so I totally understand their opinions of those for sure.

I think each individual has to come to their own conclusion based on what they want in a boat, price, and ultimately their experience will determine if they become brand-loyal or if they move on. Insight from others does have it's value too, don't get me wrong. And whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck!

Quick background....I bought a 911 CDC shortly after it was launched. Mine was a 2006 model. 225 HP Merc, and 72 lb thrust Minn Kota. Owned it for nearly 10 years. Bought it brand new off the dealer floor. This was my 2nd bass boat (first was a 1750 ProCraft). I traded it in for a 2016 Z21. All that being said, I truly loved my 911. It was without a doubt, a great running boat, probably the "driest" riding boat I've ever fished out of. The center driving console took a bit to get used to, especially when putting back on the trailer, but I never regretted a day of owning it. The only reason I traded it in was because I was mesmorized by gel coat and pretty colors of the Z21 and they offered me a really good trade in at BassPro. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the upper end Nitros as they're pretty well made, and give you a lot of bang for your buck.

I sure liked those 911 CDC's when they came out too. Never owned one of those, but the one they had in-stock here back then was done up in Patriots colors too, so it was pretty slick!

My comment is likely too late for your consideration but I still wanted to reply largely because I just love my boat.

I purchased my 911 in 2000, lots of room to move around, huge front deck (it’s a dance floor), plenty of storage space and very comfortable. 65MPH with the 225 Merc. EFI and the composite hull is bullet proof. The trolling motor foot pedal is recessed, one of the first boats with that feature. I know it looked a little different than other boats, heck someone described it saying that it looked like the bat mobile.

Like it was said previously, I am convinced that for two people fishing and running around on a lake, you can’t go wrong because you can both stay dry. I bought it for one simple reason, I knew that I wasn’t going to keep “trading up” and as I get a little older almost two decades later now, I can still lip a fish over the side. I just sit at the end of the front deck (on either side) with my feet facing the back and in the bottom of the boat, I then reach to the water and grab my fish. It’s pretty easy. Also it’s easy to dip my hands into the water and give them a quick rince or wash-off after I release a fish and I don’t have to reach down from the front deck. Very well thought out.

I always thought that getting the boat back onto the trailer was easy because the boat wasn’t leaning to one side. Docking was easy too as I can just stand up and grab both front and back ropes right to my left and then step directly onto the dock. very easy for one person to manage.

Today center counsels are the norm in most salt water fishing machines, but it just never caught on in the bass fishing industry. Still worth a look if anyone is looking for a solid boat and alot of features!

Latest posts

Back