Any bowlers on here ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
Anybody else bowl to waste their time over winter when they can't fish ?? I started to get serious about it this past winter, and now I'm hooked on it also. Another hobby to spend all my money on.:wacko:

Had this show up on my door step taday. Found a price I couldn't pass up. I needed a ball for throwing at spares (it will see alot of use:()

Got it drilled up this afternoon, and tried it out for a few games. It goes as straight as an arrow, even with dry lanes.

Sure got alot of people checking it out, If I can't bowl good, I might as well look good.;)

spare tire.jpg

spare tire 2.jpg

I have not bowled in years (lower back injury) but that is a cool looking ball. I keep thinking I want to try again but I have not made time for it yet. I know several who still bowl and travel for tournaments and they say there ain't no money in bowling like fishing... But they don't have boat payments either....

BF

Like Bruce, I haven't bowled in a lot of years because of my back. BUT when I did Bowl, I bowled duckpins, not ten pins. In my area of Maryland and in Washington, D.C., Duckpins seemed to be king,,,

The next best thing to going to the bowling alley is to buy the new Nintendo Wii. It comes with a number of free games and one of them is bowling. It is as close as you can get to being at the lanes yourself. We have tournaments at the house and invite the neighbors over. It also comes with Tennis, Baseball (a real hoot), Boxing and Golf.

It is interactive and requires you to go through all the same motions of bowling but without the 16 pound ball. For those with bad backs you should try it!

I use to bowl alot but it go so expensive that I had to really slow down.. I stink at it but still have loads of fun!

I found that golfing and bowling are the two best things for my back. As long as I don't over do it, it loosens up and feels great afterwards.

Steve

Great looking ball! I bowl at least two nights aweek during the winter. A friend of mine owns a pro shop and sells lots of balls, of the novelty type like yours. There great for picking up spares or looking good. They are usally of the plastic type and have very little for guts in them so they mainly go straight. You can almost get anything now on a ball, they even have one with a fake human skull in it, thats cool! Good luck bowling this year!

I used to be in a league for quite a few years. However, I have a 'thumb joint' irratation, that prevents me from bowling any more, so I hung it up about 9 years ago.

Love it, though. Nice looking ball.

Tex

I use to bowl 3 nights a week and then with this job i cant bowl during the week. Nice ball.I remember duck pins when i was growing up in baltimore,they are alot of fun.Years ago my dad used to manage a bowling lanes down in serverna park(sp). We had alot of fun doing that.

Back