Another beauty!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
You all know how much I love Lake St. Clair,...the fishing is extraordinary....world class smallmouth....big largemouth,...50+ inch Musky,...tons of walleye, etc..etc..and she even gives up a few treasures now and then.....like

tire.jpg

"RETREADS!" :rolleyes::lol:

We gotta laugh at ourselves every now and then...cuz everyone else will anyway!! :rolleyes:

Mac

Here's a decent LMB from the same trip......notice the dark spots we were talking about in another thread...I've never seen them before on smallies,..but I see them a lot on LMB.

LMB.jpg

Rob must have brought some of his top secret tires over from Champlain!!LOL!! Remember the year Carlos hooked into what he thought was a pig smallie and fought and fought and when he got it to the boat is was a brick?:lol::lol: That bighead looks like he is trying to imitate a smallie with the colorhe is!!

TOXIC

LOL! Reminds me of the time I hooked a discarded anchor while trolling for muskie. It was a great fight for 15 minutes, even taking line when I dragged it over a deeper spot! After about 2 minutes I knew it wasn't a fish, but my buddy was convinced it was a record musky.

Mac,

We see those black spots on Smallies up here in N.E. all the time, i see them a lot on Newfound Lake in NH. I persoanlly have never seen them on Largies but i do catch Smallies a lot that have them.

I just find the spots very odd! Nice catch though did you fish for the mate to the tire? I did a cartoon once about a guy catching a tire and the other fisherman urging to to try for the mate so he cought have some new trailer tires.

fatrap

awesome Mac!!

I did get a brick in teh river that time!! Sucker was fighting back!! I swear it was!!!

Now that's a real "rubber gums"!! :lol:

I've seen those pigment spots on many different fish species and believe it is just a genetic trait passed down, influenced by habitat. ;)

Latest posts

Back