Another Automotive question...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
My 94 Silvy is driving me bonkers..

Random no spark or fuel...especially when cold.

Ignition module checked good twice and I have the dizzy out and checked the leads to the pickup coil and according to Chilton's, if it checkes between 500 and 1500 ohms..that it's good but it looks to me as though one of the magnets has a small crack (don't know if it's supposed to be there cause I haven't taken the dizzy apart).

Also has anyone heard of an Electronic Spark Control Module that's on the firewall and are they noted for going out and causing this?

Everything else is good..fuel pump just replaced and pressure is good.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

TEE

Tee I am no mechanic but do you think you may have two problems instead of one? Maybe another fuel sending problem and something like a coil pack? The random spark sounds like a coil pack and FWIW those sometimes get cracks when cold allowing moisture to get in and goof up the spark sequence. The ESCU could get moisture like the CP and have a similar effect. Hope this helps.

Donnie

does the cam position sensor have anything to do with spark?

mike c

Don't think it has one cause it's a 94...95 and later did.

Got it figured out.

Even though the module and pick up were good...the magnetic part of the pick up (dizzy itself) was bad and was not letting the rotor jump up in the dizzy to fire it up.

At least so far so good;)

Back